football strength

P

primal1

Awards
  • Established
any one have any suggestions for a 2day a week lifting program focused on strength for my up coming football season.

H

hornedfrogsAT

Awards
Lift more than 2x/week. That's my suggestion.

Beyond that, I'd probably suggest something split up like Legs/Back and All other Upper Body

P

primal1

Awards
  • Established
i play in central illinois for the "mid-state steel". it's a semi-pro team. alot of kids just out of college that are ot pro material. 2 days a week is my only option due to work, practice, family, and i'm refurbishing our home.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'd focus on heavy compound movements....squats, deadlifts, cleans, military press, bench press, rows, pull ups, dips. I'd skip the curls and cable crap. That should increase your explosive power when you play football. What position are you?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd focus on heavy compound movements....squats, deadlifts, cleans, military press, bench press, rows, pull ups, dips. I'd skip the curls and cable crap. That should increase your explosive power when you play football. What position are you?
I would add wind sprints to this list. Maybe some cone shuttle drills too for your footwork if you have the time.

P

primal1

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the help guys. i'm typing thi with 1 hand today. i had practice last night and during our hitting drills, my right little finger got caught in the other guys shoulder pad and ripped the bone between the 1st and 2nd knuckle out of place and it was sticking out of my skin. very gross. i went to the er and the dr. was amazed. i had no pain (I COULD ONLY feel the ripped skin) but i had feeling in my finger. and he was surprized that the bone did not break. all he did was popped it back in place and stitched the hole up. i go today for my follow up. but i'll be out for a cuople of weeks until my tendons get back in shape.