Big Arms!!! - yess plzzz

FittTitt

Awards
Hey guys/girls im just wondering could you advise me or throw out some good tips or training programs relating to arms, of all my body parts i think my arms are by far the most undeveloped i have started bulking cycle and would greatly appreciate it if yous could recommend any arm workouts that has worked for you i am fully open to advice and suggestions

thanks in advance everyone

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
What has worked best for me is to stick to a lifting plan using basic complex moves 3-4 times a week and work about 3 sets of 1-2 isolation moves each time you're working that general area. If you keep the total volume from getting too high, you can hit the same muscle twice a week and keep it growing. If you get crazy and do a ton of sets, you'll end up making it too hard to fully recover.

ModernLats

Awards
May sound dumb but the best arm workout I ever had was the ones from P90X. I suggest trying it and seeing if it works for you.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
bb and db curls. Pushdowns and extensions.

ntornado

Awards
Try this:

Grab a barbell (45 lbs) and put 15 lbs on each side.

Do all with no rest: 10 BB Curls, 10 Shoulder Press, 10 Bent Over Rows, 10 Curls.

If its too easy up the weight and go again.

FittTitt

Awards
Try this:

Grab a barbell (45 lbs) and put 15 lbs on each side.

Do all with no rest: 10 BB Curls, 10 Shoulder Press, 10 Bent Over Rows, 10 Curls.

If its too easy up the weight and go again.

nice i like sound of this, could i do the shoulder press at the same time as the bb curl instead of doing 10 curls do a curl and press 10 times (just asking) also how many sets would you do

FittTitt

Awards
Here's a program that I used, which worked out nicely for me.

Specialization routine...
thanx this seems real intense i like, is this routine all just purely for arms, so i could like just use this routine for my arm day as its laid out and carry on with my own chest/back days etc

thanks guys for replying much help

ntornado

Awards
nice i like sound of this, could i do the shoulder press at the same time as the bb curl instead of doing 10 curls do a curl and press 10 times (just asking) also how many sets would you do
To be honest when you work your way up in weight on this .... you may only have enough in you to do one set. This has happened to me a bunch. See how you go and experiment.

I am not sure of the answer to your question.

The thinking behind it (I assume) is that you do your 10 curls, not too tough so now your biceps are a little tired, then you do the shoulders and rows so now your shoulders are upper back is a little fatigued. You then have to do the last 10 curls with all biceps no cheating and it is tough!

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
thanx this seems real intense i like, is this routine all just purely for arms, so i could like just use this routine for my arm day as its laid out and carry on with my own chest/back days etc

thanks guys for replying much help
From my understanding, yes. That's basically what I did. This is a lot of different movements, so make sure you're familiar with them and keep in mind the intensity part. each lift, no matter the weight, should be done with high intensity. Forceful controlled contractions, and controlled extensions. You shouldn't be grinding to finish a rep.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want guns remember triceps are twice the size of thr biceps. For tris focus on benchpress, weighted dips, close grip benchpress, skull crushers
bi's, rows, curls,

pero

Awards
triceps are bigger than biceps, but not twice bigger (except if it's REALLY overdeveloped)

i'd suggest the following:
-train arms 2x weekly or 1x per 4-5 days
-train in all rep ranges
-combine exercises where the muscle-mind connection is the greatest (that's why i always recommend cable and isolation work over free weights. although dumbbells aren't a bad choice, if u know how to use them properly)
-alternate bicep and tricep sets
-focus on exercise execution, particularly rep tempo
-strive to progress linearly in working weights and repetitive strength

FittTitt

Awards
To be honest when you work your way up in weight on this .... you may only have enough in you to do one set. This has happened to me a bunch. See how you go and experiment.

I am not sure of the answer to your question.

The thinking behind it (I assume) is that you do your 10 curls, not too tough so now your biceps are a little tired, then you do the shoulders and rows so now your shoulders are upper back is a little fatigued. You then have to do the last 10 curls with all biceps no cheating and it is tough!
ahh i see what you mean dude have you seen considerable growth with this workout

FittTitt

Awards
is arimevol a pct or ph?
check anabolic section mate or google it, i dont know myself or i would say lol
post a thread when you cllick into a category say bulking when the page loads it should say new thread on the left hand side.

VeganMike

Awards
Go really light for one month, like 20 reps light. Then the 2nd month go heavier like 10 reps heavy. Then for the 3rd month go heavy, like 3-6 reps heavy.

I've been training this way for my entire body and it's worked wonders for me.