Gynecoid fat distribution in men.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gynecoid fat distribution means a "pear shape", where fat is stored below the hips primarily. I've read this type of fat takes a lot longer to burn than upper body fat. Why is this so? And what type of cardio will affect the gynecoid fat properly?

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Gynecoid fat distribution means a "pear shape", where fat is stored below the hips primarily. I've read this type of fat takes a lot longer to burn than upper body fat. Why is this so? And what type of cardio will affect the gynecoid fat properly?
In fat cells (adipose cells) you have these things called receptors (things that chemicals bind to). Where the fat is on the body, determines what kind of receptors are in those fat cells. fat the is in the abdomen/love havdles in males and the hips/buttocks in females have predominantly the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors. it is difficult to switch these receptors to make them stimulate the release of the energy stored in them (remember that fat has 9 calories per gram) for use by the body. one supplement that worked for my love handles was yohimbine HCL (or yohimbie). I personally prefer the pharmaceutical version (the HCL version). That in combination with a reduced calorie diet and 300-400 cals/day burned in cardio should fare pretty well.

HN Link, USN

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Oh oh oh... forgot something...

go for 3mg of the yohimbine HCL 3 times/day...prepare to feel your heart pound the first few times you take it...

DO NOT TAKE IF:

you are predisposed to, or have, or have had in the past, athersclerosis, arteriosclerosis, coronary artery disease (CAD), myocardial infarction (heart attack), angina pectoris (heart related chest pain), cerebro-vascular accident (stroke)...

or are taking the following drugs:

albuterol, alpha blockers, beta blockers, lanoxin, digoxin, epinephrine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, cocaine, phentermine, or any other cardiac related drug for that matter...

this substance (yohimbine HCL) is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease...

sorry...just had to cover my own ass