Cut or bulk first?

bigsquid

Awards
I'm coming back from surgery, (pilonidal cyst), and if you know what that is, you know it's a pain in the ass... literally. Anyway, stats.
230 (my usual weight)
28 yo
6'3"
20% bf , but in my defense I have really big bones :D

My goal is to get to 250 with 10-12% bf. So should I pump up first or burn off one of my chins before going for some lbm? :confused:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy ****. I feel like I actually have a soul mate...LOL I just had a pilonidal removed a few months ago. Before my surgery I went around to every BBing board and asked if any bros had this surgery, and I found nobody. Shoot me a PM.

Since you're strength will probably be down due to the time off, I'd bulk..just my opinion.

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
yup id say bulk...but then again i dont cut.
Dick

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
At 20%bf I highly suggest you cut. Get down to the bf% you want then work your way up with clean foods.

Jay Mc

Awards
At 20%bf I highly suggest you cut. Get down to the bf% you want then work your way up with clean foods.
I agree. The longer the fat stays on the harder it will be to get off. Plus I think I read somewhere its easier to gain lean mass when you are already lean.

J

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i would cut. keep your diet pretty clean, and your workouts shoudln't overload too much, Coming back from a lay off, take your body through moderate to high repitition splits and be solid with the cardio. You can alway cut and bulk, or bulk and the cut but with your current situation, i would no doubt cut first.
sage

bigsquid

Awards
Thanks for the replies, so if I'm cutting first what should I go with. Maybe m4ohn, or clen + trimax, or all of those, or something else?
Also, my bf was done with the neck and waist measurements (Navy prt), how accurate is this? Cause I don't really feel like 20%
Thanks again.

Squiddy

Jay Mc

Awards
Thanks for the replies, so if I'm cutting first what should I go with. Maybe m4ohn, or clen + trimax, or all of those, or something else?
Also, my bf was done with the neck and waist measurements (Navy prt), how accurate is this? Cause I don't really feel like 20%
Thanks again.

Squiddy
I'm a fan of EC, hypocaloric diet, and moderate cardio

J

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
i would say it isnt very accurate...Go to your gym and get a caliper test. That would be more accurate. Or post some pics and we could judge for you fairly well as long as you show your chest midsection lowerback and quads.
Dick

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I think you'll be able to drop some fat real fast with the tri-max/clen combo. If you decide to use M4OHN with it, start the M4OHN 2 weeks before starting the clen/tri-max. It takes the M4OHN at least a week to kick in. I added tri-max after only 4 days on & I lost some muscle in the beginning. It's a great fat loss stack, I think you can really lose 10-15 lbs in a few weeks. Losing a little muscle is inevitable.