More pain please....

1. Talking More pain please....

So during the summer I am away from the gym, and I am getting back. I lost some strength which is frustrating but I am looking to jump start myself back. The first two times I went back I left sore. That felt good. But the last couple of times I feel tired but not sore or like I really pushed myself. I try putting on more weight but I am not back up to lifting that much. If I stay at this weight though I leave feeling energized, a little tired, but not sore.

I have been doing fly machine, arm extensions, low row, bench press, wrist lifts, forearm rolls, shrugs. I work out for about an hour three times a week (can't afford more time though) and on my off days I go to a Bjj class.

I am thinking of switching entirely to free weights. Maybe the extra need to balance will push my muscles more.

Any ideas? What can I do to really get a burn and get back up to previous levels fast?

2. so you want to feel sore? is that what you are saying?
    •   

3. First, understand that soreness is not an indicator of growth or progress.

Second, you're not training what looks like about 65% of your body.

No squats or deadlifts for the lower body.
    No pull ups for the lats and teres. No over head presses.

If you are training 3 days a week, try something like this

mon: Squat, pull up, over head press, some arm and ancillary work

wed: Dead lift, barbell row, bench press, arm/ancillary work

fri: rumanian deadlift, push press, pull downs, arm/ancillary work

Following mon: Squat, bench press, low row, arm/ancillary work

Repeat

Br

4. ZiR RED said it all man. Only thing i have to add to that is eat healthy, get lots of quality rest and everything should fall back into place for ya.

5. You'll be done in a couple months...sorry about the non encouragement but I see people like you all the time. Either you want it your don't
    •   

6. Not pessimistic I have struggled on and off with motivation too.

Keep a notebook, try to beat previous weights or reps. Add sets maybe even drop sets
    NEW LG LOG CHECK IT OUT
    if only bc Big Ron is in my avatar
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170780-lets-try-again.html

7. You mentioned that the first two times produced soreness but the third did not. While soreness depends on a number of factors other than what exercise you do, I'm curious; were you able to lift the same weight the third time as the first two?

8. and dont pay attention to what everyone around you is doing. keep it positive.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 08:07 AM
  2. Pain all over
    By jmoney02 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
  3. Kidney Pain or Lower Back Pain?
    By MF210 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:24 AM