HELP!!!! CALLUSES!!! AHHHHH!!!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Unhappy HELP!!!! CALLUSES!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Ok I can't seem to keep calluses on my hand? This is really making trap exercises like shrugs pretty much unbarable... what can I do? Ill build some up and they just peel right off after some heavy lifting for a couple of days. Gloves don't help me either... then again I use mechanic gloves... so idk. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to have a neck! =P

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Chalk
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I got mine from riding bikes as a kid. Popping wheely's all day will rip your hands apart. Maybe you just need to play around with more weight. Callouses aren't really that hard to get, unless you have some extraordinarily resilient skin, in which case, congradulations.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Lifting straps and no calluses are needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bkoguy07 View Post
    Chalk

Go with chalk, not gloves. It'll be the best thing you ever do. Straps are OK if you're going super heavy. However, stick with chalk until you just physically cannot hold that bar any longer. Not only with it help you establish some calluses, but it'll also greatly improve your grip strength.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post

Go with chalk, not gloves. It'll be the best thing you ever do. Straps are OK if you're going super heavy. However, stick with chalk until you just physically cannot hold that bar any longer. Not only with it help you establish some calluses, but it'll also greatly improve your grip strength.
    Brother you read my mind. Chalk is the best glove imo!

I get calouses pretty bad and occasionaly they split and bleed. Just grab some chalk throw it in a heavy duty zip lock bag and apply as needed. You dont have to be a crazy powerlifter to reap the rewards of chalk. If they split on you at the gym, pick up some chalk with your other index finger and thumb and pack it into the split and then continue to destroy-repeat! I'm not a fan of gloves, never have been. You can and will eventually work your hands/grip into something that no glove can touch.

good luck
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i believe the maker is lynx. they sell these rubber type pads that just rest in your palms. i use them all the time and really like them. gloves to me are, well, gay just sayin
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Some commercial gyms don't allow chaulk. Can you believe that? Just lift heavy and man up and you will get them.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Do you know why u have calluses!? Your body developed them on your hands cuz u need them! Its your bodys natural way of protecting your hands! Ive got some nice calluses built up from working out hard! AND one time i cut them off OMG the whole week of working out hurt like helllll!!!!!! IMO just keep them there not that bad you cant see them really and girls think there manly! lol
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Answers

I shaved mine for a little while. Now they don't really bother me anymore. You can buy callus shavers for a couple of dollars. I got one at wally world. It has a razor blade in it, and you just run it over the top of the callus. Shaves the top right off. You do have to be careful, because you can cut yourself, but they are effective.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aSKINNYkid View Post
    Ok I can't seem to keep calluses on my hand? This is really making trap exercises like shrugs pretty much unbarable... what can I do? Ill build some up and they just peel right off after some heavy lifting for a couple of days. Gloves don't help me either... then again I use mechanic gloves... so idk. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to have a neck! =P
    Versa Gripps!!!! I use them for all my pulling lifts and allows me to go super heavy try them
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Answers

calluses on your hands are like nature's own hard earned ribbed condoms, only they're for your OWN pleasure! extra friction and all that

don't judge me
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  275 lbs.
    Answers

Trim them from time to time and they'll be much less likely to peel.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Heh, I use toenail clippers to take em off, but I've never been accused of being overly bright.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I love calluses. My hands are extremely rough and manly and my fiancee' loves it. My girlfriend before her used to brag about them all the time too. Growing up I didn't do a lot of work around the house. I just cut weeds, helped my dad build stuff, remodeled rooms, and maybe did some decorations every so often, but nothing serious. When I got into the Marine Corps I got some calluses and it got even worse when I started deadlifting heavy.

I wouldn't trade my calluses for anything. There's nothing I don't like more than shaking a mans hand and it feeling like some high school cheerleaders. Calluses are something you should be proud of, you worked hard for them, so keep them IMO.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I love calluses. My hands are extremely rough and manly and my fiancee' loves it. My girlfriend before her used to brag about them all the time too. Growing up I didn't do a lot of work around the house. I just cut weeds, helped my dad build stuff, remodeled rooms, and maybe did some decorations every so often, but nothing serious. When I got into the Marine Corps I got some calluses and it got even worse when I started deadlifting heavy.

I wouldn't trade my calluses for anything. There's nothing I don't like more than shaking a mans hand and it feeling like some high school cheerleaders. Calluses are something you should be proud of, you worked hard for them, so keep them IMO.
    Word bro I like to use sandpaper, you know, the extra fine grain just to teach my hands who is boss. I can't even close them now that the calluses have come in so thick.

17. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

I used pumice to grind down my callusses in the past. That prevented them from peeling off too much. Now, that isn't a problem any more, so I don't worry about. So, take care of those callusses and eventually they'll be there for good.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. my DCP is leaking all over, ahhhhh!!!
    By acshadow in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 10:13 AM
  2. 3AD Dreaming... Ahhhhh
    By fritzer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
  3. ahhhhh!!! might have to cut cycle short.
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 03:06 PM
  4. Ahhhhh
    By motleybreu in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 10:20 PM