New Workout Takes Forever

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just started my new workout today and it takes so long. Just about 3 hours and iv seen many times that too much time in the gym is bad so whats the deal. This program is from a football coach and he knows his **** so i think its fine but i wanted to get ur opininons...well here is todays lifts..
Flat Bench-10-10-10
Incline DB-10-10-10
Flat DB flys-10-10
Tris-10-10-10
Squat-10-10-10
Step ups-10-10
leg curls-10-10-10
leg ext-10-10
heal raises-15-15
Speed Press-15-15

This workout is Mon-tus-thurs-friday and legs are worked again on friday but front squats instead of back etc. Also thursdays workout is much the same as mondays with DB bench and bar incline. What u think about this?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If your in the gym for 3 hours that's insane and the man does not know what he's talking about, I'm sure he's a good football coach but he should get some advice in the training department. That program will leave you overtrained and worn out. My god after 3 hours your cortisol level will be through the roof and your muscles will be saying bye bye along with your strength.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If your in the gym for 3 hours that's insane and the man does not know what he's talking about, I'm sure he's a good football coach but he should get some advice in the training department. That program will leave you overtrained and worn out. My god after 3 hours your cortisol level will be through the roof and your muscles will be saying bye bye along with your strength.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Working out for 3 hour sessions will leave you overtrained, and training your whole body 4x a week will leave you overtrained. If you combine the two, you are asking for trouble. Even the Pros dont train a bodypart 4x a week.

I'd suggest splitting the program in half. Do half the program on Mon & Thurs, do the other half on Tues & fri. Thats the only logical way I see to use this program.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your coach doesn't know ****. I am working this summer as a strength coach at my former high school and I would never, ever tell anybody to follow a routine like that. Strength and size is not made in the gym, its what you do outside of the gym that is the determining factor. More is not better. Football is a hard enough sport as it is, GET SOME REST! In December, 4 months into the season you'll be wishing you had more.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also, from your stats I am assuming that you're a lineman..Wheres the deadlifts?