or bored with your training, it makes since to me
its pretty much high weight
low reps
explosive movements
give it a google

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
They are just trying to sell some supplement.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot more to hypertrophy than "high weights, low reps, explosive movement"

One of the key principles with hypertrophy is to increase the weight every workout. So unless you are going to be working out for 5 days, you will have an issue lifting heavy for weeks.

You've never given us your skill levels really, are you beginning or have you been doing this for awhile?

Google HST
also google 5x5

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Boo

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
what would you mean by skill levels exactly ?
and 5x5 is what i started when i was 13 and is all i do during winter to this day
( my dad taught me that )

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Skill levels as in how long have you been lifting hard. Are you just a beginner or could you train people for a living?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has some good points. Executing a rep as powerfully as possible will activate more motor units, which can help with strength. But some movements are just impractical for sets of 3. Leg Exts would kill my knees at that weight. BB curls would kill my wrists.

So, read it, take it with a grain of salt and use what fits your training. I use 5/3/1, so the "make each rep as powerful as possible" really helps in my situation. But I'm not going to focus on one part of my body moreso than others, like the I, BB program suggests.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Ive been around weights and body builders since i was a little kid my dad and all of his friends were way pass the 200 pound body weight range and cut up so it sparked something with me
was a chubby kid
all the way till i was about 15 i weighed 200 + and couldnt benchpress 190 pounds.
i went on a verryyyy strict diet and lost about 60 pounds by the time i was 16
i got my little 6 pack and all that and really loved it
cardio/weight/ calesthenics
good form
when i was 18 i decided i wanted to be strong like my family and quit caring about trying to look like a model with the abs and what not
so i began training
ive had some falls a shoulder injury
(small one)
but other than that im still learning the differences between bieng skinny and weak and moving this 190 pound body around
im not certified at all nor wish to be a athletic trainer
but i do have solid experience in all forms of athletics
( cept baseball, flat out suck at it )
so since about 15 ive been training
so 5 years
( but 2 years body building )