HST with PH's?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hypertrophy specific training is outlined in a way where you predetermine your max lifts, then for two weeks start low and step up to the maxes you already had. If on a prohormone, one is wanting to increase their lifts every chance they get. So, for a rapid strength gaining PH like M1T, could I do the M/W/F full body HST routine and increase strength whenever i could? Or should I stay at the same weight all three days for the whole body then the next week get new maxes and work with those that week, etc.

Also, this is probably a Q for the PH forum but it relates to this... How much does M1T enhance your muscle's recovery ability? Does it take it less time to fully recover?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hypertrophy specific training is outlined in a way where you predetermine your max lifts, then for two weeks start low and step up to the maxes you already had. If on a prohormone, one is wanting to increase their lifts every chance they get. So, for a rapid strength gaining PH like M1T, could I do the M/W/F full body HST routine and increase strength whenever i could? Or should I stay at the same weight all three days for the whole body then the next week get new maxes and work with those that week, etc.
For a program like HST your better off doing the PH during the last week of tens and the first week of fives, or the equivilant of that in however you're running the cycle. Then ease up a little on the volume when you come off during the last part of the fives. The point with HST is not to increase your strength, it's to up the weight by at least 5% each workout to overcome the repeat bout effect and cause enough damage to the muscle to induce hypertophy. That still holds for when you mix a PH cycle in.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so, if i stick to the pre outlined HST weights, even while on M1T, i would be negating the strength benefits but would still gain size like i was on M1T, correct? Hmm, I was kinda looking forward to seeing how much strength i could build, maybe I'll switch to the DC training instead.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
so, if i stick to the pre outlined HST weights, even while on M1T, i would be negating the strength benefits but would still gain size like i was on M1T, correct? Hmm, I was kinda looking forward to seeing how much strength i could build, maybe I'll switch to the DC training instead.
The thing is HST isn't meant to build strength, though you tend to gain some. It's meant to maximize hypertrophy. Your better off sticking with a standard strength training routine. If you want to work HST into that you should remember it's a set of principles that can be adapted as needed. What matters is that you train frequently, you load your muscles with enough weight to cause myotrauma, you up the load by at least 5% every workout or so to overcome the repeat bout effect, and you take some time off at the end to decondition. The last can be left out if you're on roids because your body's ability to adapt and increase performance over time is enhanced by the roids. Still you have to take the necessary after cycle precautions and be in a position where you can still workout but not at such an intensity as you di when you you were juicing.

Also the roid or PH cycle is best done during the middle portion of the HST cycle because that's when your heaviest work is being done so you'll get the most from the steroids and have some workout time afterward for post cycle. With HST you usually want to maintain volume over the course of the cycle, post PH/S you'd want to ease up on the workouts but still get them in.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Suppose I do DC's method, I'd be doing:

Mon: Chest/Tris/Shoulders (prob. 2 exercises)/Back Width/Back Thickness
Tue: Quads/Hams/Calves/Bis/Forearms/Abs
Wed: off
Thurs: same as Mon but different exercies
Friday: same as tuesday but different exercises.
Sat: off
Sun: off

I like to keep things on a weekly cycle, I think it keeps me more dedicated and systemized.

This is what I was doing before HST, although a little differently, but like you said one should tailor the principles for themselves based on ability.

Now, if i do this should I increase weight at every workout, like in a normal split? Will the M1T help my muscles recover faster than normal so it would be Ok to do this?

Also, can you elaborate on the way I should train during PCT? At this time I'm planning on doing two weeks of M1T, and continuing if I think I'm still making good gains (max of three weeks though). PCT will be 3-4 weeks. I beleive a mistake I made last cycle was continuing to workout as normal through PCT. Can i work my regular DC schedule but maybe do 8 rest paused reps instead of my usual 15? Should I still lift as heavy as I can, drop the weight, stay on the same weight?

Thanks for your help with customizing my schedule, I think it's the most important part of training along with diet and I want to get it right!

Brian

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Drop the weight a bit, as well as the frequency. Search through the threads here you'll read about a particularly good 9 day split that more than a few people have done curing PCT with great success.