I Need Reps!

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I usually do bench...db incline...decline...flys...and close grib bench monday...then legs tuesday and then thursday is incline bench..db bench..incline flys...and some other lifts...Since i have a combine not this weekend but the next i was thinking that instead of doing incline tomorw do regular bench and do the 150 for as many reps as i can just to get used to it? Should i do this to get ready or not. I just need to get as many reps of 150 up as i can in 2 weeks and wana know what i should do for the next couple weeks. THANKS GUYS

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
I would say to dump the flys alltogether. Stay with pressing movements for the two weeks you have left and concentrate mainly on flat bench.

S

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
what kind of goal are you looking for as far as number of reps go?

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
56 would break the record i did 48 the other day

S

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I would do my normal chest workout and then rep out at the end. Why are you using such a light weight. Not flaming just wondering.

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont choose the weight the combine does. I am just getting used to doing high reps instead of reps of 4-8.

T

Tahq

Awards
You might want to consider breaking your high reps into a two-a-day work outs. I think you could go a set level your you can complete...15, 20, 25...and knock out 100 total reps...or what you think you need. Later that evening, assuming you can do AM/PM workouts, you can do the rep routine a second time.

I have tried high rep type routines in the past and found that breaking them up were a little easier on the joints. Also I would consider cutting out most other chest work during this period as your pretty much looking at a possible overtraining the chest.

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Today I did the 150 48 times and then jumped that up to 165 and did that 39 times..then i did 175 30 times...after that i did some lighter sets 135 and then moved on to db bench. i did my usual 4 sets of 12 at 100 pounds. Then I did decline at 245 for 15 then 13 then 12...and then some dips. Do u think I can do this workout again monday..and then wed...and still be ready for saterday?? thanks guys like always.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
What is the combine for? I don't know what level you're at but I've always known college and beyond to be 225.

S

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Today I did the 150 48 times and then jumped that up to 165 and did that 39 times..then i did 175 30 times...after that i did some lighter sets 135 and then moved on to db bench. i did my usual 4 sets of 12 at 100 pounds. Then I did decline at 245 for 15 then 13 then 12...and then some dips. Do u think I can do this workout again monday..and then wed...and still be ready for saterday?? thanks guys like always.
Personally that would cause some severe overtraining for me. But this is different for everybody. I would split the difference and just do one workout either mon/or tue. Let your chest recover, and be at full strength.

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The combine is for college football and a High school combine usually has a choice of either 185 and 150, not 225. This combine for some reason is just 150 and does not offer the 185.