Worst gym injury-

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
It is said "Good to learn from your mistakes. Better t learn from someone else's."
Anybody in the iron game has to start somewhere, and even seasoned vets make mistakes. What's the worst injury you've received in the gym and what went wrong?

I was maxing on squats in high school (when I still maxed out). My legs were good but my core gave out and I started dropping forward. Quickly I dropped my tail end and leaned back. I got the weight up, but was useless for the next two weeks. My pencil would roll off of my desk and I had to ask people to get it for me.

Who's next?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Wow, glad it wasn't worse.

The worst I ever had was I paralyzed my thoracic nerve on my left side.

I had injured my shoulder(tore some cartilage) during a football practice. I jumped back into benching and pressing to heavy to early. My serratus muscles on my left side don't "fire" like they should, and don't pull my scapula down and in. So my humerus rolls foreword.

I constantly have to be aware of my posture, and form while lifting. I could create further injury with too much weight.

aries70

aries70

Awards
My worst injury is the one that I am dealing with right now. At first it was diagnosed as Tennis Elbow, but I'm not sure anymore. My goal was to do hammer curl's with 100lb dumbells by this summer. In December I was up 85 pounders next thing I know my elbow started hurting and walah I'm down to 15lb dumbells. It's being treated by a chiropractor but it will be a slow process.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
My worst injury is the one that I am dealing with right now. At first it was diagnosed as Tennis Elbow, but I'm not sure anymore. My goal was to do hammer curl's with 100lb dumbells by this summer. In December I was up 85 pounders next thing I know my elbow started hurting and walah I'm down to 15lb dumbells. It's being treated by a chiropractor but it will be a slow process.
What are the symptoms? When I first injured my shoulder, for two weeks it felt like someone was smashing my elbow with a hammer.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Tore my left bicep completely off the bone where it attaches to my forearm. Did it in a strongman competition with a 3" axle at about 650 pounds.

Not sure I will do any alternating grip deadlifts once this bad boy heals up. I am 12 weeks out from my surgery, and just getting to the point where I can make progress again. Straps and double over-hand are my game now.

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
Holy $#!+ those all sound pretty horrible.
Hope everybody is recuperating well, and maybe someone can learn from our mistakes.
I've had some shoulder troubles but no surgery.I just try to go 6-10 Rep workouts now, but I get carried away Sometimes. No maxes for me though!
Good luck everybody- speedy recoveries