tendonitis in my elbow from lifting... any topical products out there?

Grifty McGrift

Awards
I was "recomended" equi-block DT... which is for horses as far as I can tell... anything out there that you guys recomend for tendon pain so I have been icing it (elbow) and taking ibuprofin with limited relief. I should probably take some time off, and I will from the bi curls that brought this on, but it hurts to hold anything..

any tips?

thx:D

Siberian

Awards
I know many ppl have had success with pain relief using Emu-Oil. It's not a cure though, just relieves the pain as far as I know. Run a search for it, there was a thread from a while back.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I was "recomended" equi-block DT... which is for horses as far as I can tell... anything out there that you guys recomend for tendon pain so I have been icing it (elbow) and taking ibuprofin with limited relief. I should probably take some time off, and I will from the bi curls that brought this on, but it hurts to hold anything..

any tips?

thx:D
Take some time off of upper body exercises. You want to give the body a chance to repair the damage and if you don't it could easily become chronic.

As for a topical, one of the best is "White Flower" ointment. You can find it at any Chinese grocery store, you might have to ask for it though.It's cheap and it works. It's an old martial arts formula and for muscle/tendon probs it's great! Try rubbing it on the area 2-3x/day.