FAT GRIPZ

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
This is a place to talk about FAT GRIPZ. I would like to see how many people use them. I got a pair about 3 weeks ago and love them.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
using and abusing them

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Must be the sh*t when a new thread is created...

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
What do they do???
You can put them on any bar to turn it into a fat bar.

There are many advantages to the fat bar:

* Increased grip strength.Attitude. You don’t half-ass anything when you’re using a bar you can barely hold onto.
* Kinetic Linkage. Possibly the most overlooked element of any strength feat is the linkage between the muscles that are used in completing a given movement. If you plan on doing anything with the fat bar, you had better be gripping it with all your might unless you want to be pinned underneath it. By gripping the bar with extreme force your muscles will experience “irradiation” which is a fancy way of saying your forearm, bicep, tricep, deltoid, will activate (for most people their entire body will tense up, and this is a key element to strength training. Try to make a white-knuckle grip without tightening up the rest of your arm.
* Preventing Leakage: This could go with the previous point of irradiation, but the point is that by gripping the bar harder your body will have no break in your kinetic chain. By keeping your shoulder into its socket (packing your shoulder) during an overhead press, you prevent leakages and allow the stronger muscles to dictate the movement. Your tight grip will make this easier. Try shrugging your shoulders as high as you can before your next overhead press and you will see that your strength is nonexistent.

M

MHA

Awards
  • Established
I got the weakes forearms/grip ever. I dead like 275 for sets with straps, but without straps I can't go over 185 :(, any more and my grip start to break. Would this help if not then what can I do?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I got the weakes forearms/grip ever. I dead like 275 for sets with straps, but without straps I can't go over 185 :(, any more and my grip start to break. Would this help if not then what can I do?
LOL That is why I got them. My grip sucked and I ask how to build my grip strength up. A guy on a thread told me to google Fat Gripz so I did. I ended up getting a pair and I got to say after 3 weeks my grip was alot better. My forearms look better. Go to my log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/149088-n-d-r-2.html#post2361623
I used them Allot in my log and there is other guys using them. Like Army Guy he uses them often.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I got a second pair coming. That way when I do my supper sets I won't have to take the time to swap them over.

M

MHA

Awards
  • Established
Now do you just us them for curls and deadz? What about bench and should press? Any others if so what?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I use mine on most pressing exercises. The only pulls are the curls. They are great for shoulders and chest!!

F

firstmark

Awards
With no thickbar training how much can most people deadlift with these starting out compared
to a regular bar in percentage terms?