Good Mornings

P

permanabol

Awards
I am having trouble with good mornings and am wondering how bad it is to curve your back but apparently to the westside guys it doesn't matter
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbPWMs-iTR0"]YouTube- EliteFTS.com - Seated Goodmorning *a classic[/nomedia]

this is kinda what I look like on seated only not as curved back for I'm not doing any heavy as weight on them yet

So tips on how to do these properly would be a bunch of help
thanks!

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
I have never seen anyone do good mornings with that much weight. That's crazy

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
that looks soo dangerous. i know you have tiny muscle inbetween you spinal discs that are a bit delicate.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Its an old video, before they probably knew any better. Keep the arch in your back as best as possible. If you can't, you need to increase your flexibility in your hips.

P

permanabol

Awards
This hip flexibility is really starting to piss me off..... for I have about 0 hip flexibility :(

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Join the club. If you work on flexibility daily, you should notice improvements.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, but that looks ridiculous. I would fully expect someone to walk away from that with a back injury.

BTW, I have hip flexibility issues as well. It sucks.

I've found that a foam roller helps to flatten out the tension in the fascia tissue around the hips. Actually a foam roll is quiet effective on many parts of the body. I highly recommend one.

P

permanabol

Awards
I'm sorry, but that looks ridiculous. I would fully expect someone to walk away from that with a back injury.

BTW, I have hip flexibility issues as well. It sucks.

I've found that a foam roller helps to flatten out the tension in the fascia tissue around the hips. Actually a foam roll is quiet effective on many parts of the body. I highly recommend one.
LOL! I was foam rolling yesterday for my first time it hurt like hell lol!
no pain no gain :AR15firing::AR15firing:

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have never seen anyone do good mornings with that much weight. That's crazy
I see absolutely no good point in doing good mornings with that much weight other than just trying to show off. I mean, it's obviously not for their physiques. Deadlifts are good enough by themselves to build a strong lower back and you're already taking some risks just by doing heavy deads. I don't think lifting really, really heavy weight with good mornings is worth potential (and probable) problems down the road. Great bodybuilders and powerlifters have gotten by just fine using far less weight on that exercise.

That's my opinion, anyway.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
LOL! I was foam rolling yesterday for my first time it hurt like hell lol!
no pain no gain :AR15firing::AR15firing:
OH it is a painful, yet pleasurable :) experience. Hips hurt, but thighs are the most painful areas for me.