working out: morning or night?

1. working out: morning or night?

Opinions? i am currently doing morning but am thinking of switching to nights.

2. I workout in the afternoon haha, but I have worked out both late at night and early in the morning...If I had to do either of those I would definitely go with night, because I feel like I have more drive and focus at night for some reason but that's just me.

3. Well I prefer afternoon, because in the morning I'm too groggy to try and I dont like being up all night with the pump I get so I don't do night.
    •   

4. Yeah i just got done and it is the end of my day. i was stronger on everything by about 10 to 20 lbs. weird so i am gonna be a night goer now.

5. both ways have been studied and you are stronger at night. i w/o in the morning during the week though because of my lifestyle. if i had a choice, it would be at night......

6. Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    both ways have been studied and you are stronger at night. i w/o in the morning during the week though because of my lifestyle. if i had a choice, it would be at night......
    I would think this depends on what the individual does throughout the rest of the day.. I have a very active job, i workout after work, i still get great lifts in but i have to go home and rest for about an hour or so first. I think i would probably get even better lifts in of a morning if i went before work. However, i have never tried this so i cant really comment for sure..

7. i forget where i read but it is optimal to have two meals b4 training and 8 hrs of rest... I usually have 1 meal b4 lifting and a preworkout and lift no about 10 hrs sleep when im off. I do great. Or i will lift at night with enough sleep and 3-4 meals downed and i do amazing...

rest up and eat at least 2 meals b4 lifting for optimal results

8. I heard it's better to split workouts in the morning and at night. I'm not sure though. I usually work out in the afternoon. I'm too sleepy in the morning and I get really lazy to go to the gym at night.

9. Depending on the time of day morning is considered, I would have to say 11 is the best time for me. I have already had a big full breakfast and enough time to digest, I feel fully awake and roughly around 11 is when the brain is fully charged, so I get good concentration as well.

10. I work outside and the heat sucks the life out of me. During summer I prefer AM before work as much as it sucks getting into the routine. Winter I prefer afternoon after work.

11. Ideally I like to have at least a couple good meals in me before I lift, so afternoon/early evening for me.

12. Evening....I feel weak as hell in the morning

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cardio - Morning or night?
    By footballfam in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
  2. dermacrine: morning or night?
    By BigD28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
  3. novedex xt at night or in morning???
    By therocker187 in forum Supplements