Recommended Literature?

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
Ive been looking at some books on Amazon kind of in the exercise science, bodybuilding genre but there are sooo fkn many...anyways i'd rather take the advice of guys on here then reviews on amazon so anybody have any good recommendations?

RAW LOCKOUT

Awards
what are you doing know and what are your goals

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The bodybuilding encyclopedia by Arnold is a good read, far from the best though

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ive read Arnolds book, twice actually lol i enjoyed it and learned a lot...im looking for something that really goes into more depth than the arnold book...not so much focused on techniques and workouts but the science side of lifting and nutrition.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
hey man my computer is ancient, the like wont open, do you know the names of the books or the site i can go on to get them? Thanks

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The bodybuilding encyclopedia by Arnold is a good read, far from the best though
You can pick out good bits of information but a lot of his advice is geared almost as if he were talking to himself. He was taking synthetic hormones on top of having great genetics, so what works for Arnold probably won't work as well for the average fella.

Honestly, if you know where to look, you can find great information on the internet for free! There are some good books out there but I've never read anything that I couldn't have found for free somewhere on the internet. There is crap info out there as well, so the trick is knowing what to take and what to leave.

Learn the fundamentals first (i.e., of diet, of training, ect..). A lot of people get carried away with learning more advanced concepts before they even understand the basics.

Peace

BifWebster

Awards
I don't know if this is allowed on this board, so if it isn't just delete this post. I don't see why not though, because the forum I am about to link isn't afiliated with any supplement webstores or any businesses. There is some great articles on http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/ .