Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains?

1. Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains?

Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?

I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder

2. Quote Originally Posted by bigshoulders View Post
    Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?

I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder
    Of course, that's what trail and error are all about.

Most of the time it's people doing too much rather than too little.

3. Cool, have both scenarios happened to you personally?
    •   

4. Never enough

I have definitely gotten better results from switching to DC training which is a pretty low volume workout structure
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

5. [QUOTE=bigshoulders;2321087]Simple question..

yeah i noticed that one week i would thrash my legs in a brutal work out and then the following week i would not do them at all. Then the week after, my strength gains would up to 50lbs or more when i hit them again. It was weird, but cool.

6. oh yeah. i reduced my workouts and exploded

7. Since I switched from a High Volume to Low Volume(DC) I have gone from 185 to as high as 240
  8. Never enough

I think most guys do over workout. Not to the point of overly stressing CNS, but overstimulating tissue for growth. I have one friend who in doing leg presses for instance does about 15-18 sets total because he has his feet positioned in different ways to hit the muscles from so many angles. And the same for chest, he probably does 7 different exercises for 4-5 sets each, which is just ridiculous. But going to the gym is his "hobby" so he likes being there an hour and a half to two hours.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

9. Personally I've gone from 150 to 200 pounds, (3/4s of it muscle), by doing very low volume but high intensity. I'm talking only 4-5 sets per bodypart once per week total.

But I've been around 200 pounds for a long while now, and am now starting to see new progress by basically increasing how much I do, while keeping the intensity high, doing 8-10 heavy sets per muscle group every 5 days (rather than 4-5 once per week).

10. I felt like I was over training so I started doing DC and only three weeks into it my size and strenght are up a considerable amount. I think Ill stick with low volume training for a while.

11. Training back is about all I need for biceps. Occasionally I'll add concentration curls. Its easy for me to over train my shoulders and cause them to stop growing. My chest is opposite.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Training for gains... Stuck.
    By davidleathm6 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
  2. 3 weeks in... look bigger but no gains
    By pdigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 03:41 PM
  3. bigger gains than on havoc?
    By Iceman1414 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8