ab question

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I agree hanging leg raises are great !

2. Quote Originally Posted by ReedSkin
    For "the perfect abs". 5% gear, 15% training, 80% diet.
    How about 20% training 80% diet lol
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by aaronreay

How about 20% training 80% diet lol
    Well I do enjoy working out naked sometimes lol, but, body weight abs gets repetitive and getting the bulge/strength is hard to do after months of body weight abs. /personal opinion.
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    I've been looking for a good tire I could use for front flips and beating with a sledge on craigslist for quite some time but I can never find anything . Anyone know where a good place to find one is?
    john deere dealership, or other tractor supply store. or even a COOP at a small farm town. that is where i got mine. they even wanted to pay me after they even delivered it to me. i guess it costs them quite a bit to get rid of those things.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

5. One summer I worked my ass off to get those ripped, hard looking ab muscles. But to me it's not worth the effort... Sure it looks cool, but as long as my midsection is tight, tone with definition between all the muscles, that's good enough for me.I train abs to look better (yeah, it helps with other lifts too). So to me, what I just said looks just as good to me as my abs did that one summer where they were "perfect." And to most everyone else, as long as your midsection is tone with definition, they're not going to notice the difference between that and what they would look like had you put another couple of months into them.Well, what I'm saying with that is, "you" pay way more attention to the way they look than others. Of course we are going to notice subtle changes, but most others aren't. Hell, I'm in noticeably better shape now than when I started dating my girlfriend a year ago and the other day I asked, can you tell I'm in better shape? She said, you always look good. Lol thanks for noticing! Haha
    •   

6. Kills thirds birds with one stone but in my training, I classify O/H Squats as a core exercise more so than a squat variation. I use it for core strength and shoulder stability in addition to the squat. The overload comes more on the side of core strength and shoulder stability than your leg strength.

And I'm not sure where I read it so forgive me for bringing just about nothing to this subject but I have seen one or two studies that showed through EMG that you actually can specifically target the inferior/ superior aspect of your rectus abdominis. It's not necessarily "isolating" upper or lower but it wasn't equal activation. I'll see if I can dig it up but forgive me if i'm lazy and fail

7. Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2
    Kills thirds birds with one stone but in my training, I classify O/H Squats as a core exercise more so than a squat variation. I use it for core strength and shoulder stability in addition to the squat. The overload comes more on the side of core strength and shoulder stability than your leg strength.

And I'm not sure where I read it so forgive me for bringing just about nothing to this subject but I have seen one or two studies that showed through EMG that you actually can specifically target the inferior/ superior aspect of your rectus abdominis. It's not necessarily "isolating" upper or lower but it wasn't equal activation. I'll see if I can dig it up but forgive me if i'm lazy and fail
    Don't fail on this one, interested in the article your referring to!
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin

8. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I wouldn't advice over emphasizing the arch, especially during crunches. This activates the hip flexors and removes emphasis from the abdominals. In fact, try crunching while keeping your glutes contract and pushing your lumbar spine into the floor. This will greatly decrease the range of motion, and they will be more difficult, but you will actually be using the abdominals.

And I further rodja's suggestion of training entire core.

Br
    ^ This is a great repsonse.

I was actually just telling a client of mine (former client) that I saw at the gym the other day to squeeze the glutes at the bottom of hanging leg raises to deactivate hip flexor involvement. The way he is working his abs right now he's on the road to lordosis with no exists in sight.

One of the best way to train your abs is by training your entire core; in example, squats, overhead presses, pullups, bridges, front squats, leg raises, ect.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question