CAN I HAS TEH SIX PAK?

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I was a skinny 17 yr old 177lb 6ft1 guy.... I increased cal intake to 4000 a day and started doing the 5x5 program... im now a bulky 17yr old 201lb 6ft 1in guy... however ive noticed ive gotten some belly fat... i wanna reach 210lbs and have around 18in arms (right now ive got 16).. plus i wants a six pack... anybody got a recipe for my goals?

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Sure!! Im 6'3" 240 i was doing the 5x5 to build mass. I also had some unwanted BF in my gut. After I bulked I now do a one body Part a Day 5 exercises 5 sets of 12 reps. The thing is you probably still have a 6 pack just behing the BF. I really watched my diet and started eating every 2 hours and within a month I started seeing the definition. Ive been going at this for about 3 months now and i can see them. Just Get your diet in check. Sounds Cache I know but it crazy what a well thought out diet can do for your body

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
well i still wanna gian muscle weight for now i wanna reach 210... and i want an arm size increase... any advice on doing that while at the same time losing the bf from my gut?

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Im doing the Cardio workout many on here have talked about. Im not 100% on the name but I thinks its hiit. May be wrong on the name. What i do is start with a 3.0mph walk for 2 minutes to warm up then i kick it up to 7.5mph and sprint for 1 minute. Then go down to 3.0 and walk for a minute then repeat. I usually go for 15 minutes and i do this 4 days a week. Really helps with the Gut fat ive noticed. As far as Arms Mine are 181/2 but really on Arm day i go heavy as i can were i can get 12 reps of everything. Not sure if thats the reason my arms are big but thats what i do now.

D

dpfisher

Don't try, it's not worth it. Bulk then cut or cut then bulk. It takes forever to get anywhere trying to recomp.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty my abs are there i can feel them and ive had a dude hit me in the abs and hurt his wrist ... but when my girlfriend starts poking my belly and says youve got a little fat... I WANNA GET RID OF IT!... its like i have a small layer of bf covering them

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We've already covered this: eat less and do cardio. You should be doing cardio year-round regardless of your specific goals.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
is it better to do cardio before or after u lift?... i lift as heavy as possible but last time i did cardio before a workout i stalled and i usually never stall on 5x5... can i do cardio after i lift?

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Definitely do your cardio after you lift, especially if it's long-slow style. If it's HIIT or tabata or something, I'd suggest doing it on off-days.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
what are the different styles? which one applies to wanting to loose stubborn body fat but not weight mass or muscle?

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
what are the different styles? which one applies to wanting to loose stubborn body fat but not weight mass or muscle?
HIIT, high intensity interval training... been said a few times in here actually. Search here or google it and you can read up on some workout routines for it and the benefits.

Im doing the Cardio workout many on here have talked about. Im not 100% on the name but I thinks its hiit. May be wrong on the name. What i do is start with a 3.0mph walk for 2 minutes to warm up then i kick it up to 7.5mph and sprint for 1 minute. Then go down to 3.0 and walk for a minute then repeat. I usually go for 15 minutes and i do this 4 days a week. Really helps with the Gut fat ive noticed. As far as Arms Mine are 181/2 but really on Arm day i go heavy as i can were i can get 12 reps of everything. Not sure if thats the reason my arms are big but thats what i do now.
Yup.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
yea i kno what that ones is what are the other ones that were mentioned?

E

Enjineer

Awards
I wouldn't do cardio immediately after lifting... I've heard this can mess up your protein absorption... I'd fit some cardio in first thing in the morning or before bed, or both... I like before bed because i feel like my metabolism is ramped up so i'm burning fat all night... Make sure you get your casein in before bed to avoid catabolism if you do go that route.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't do cardio immediately after lifting... I've heard this can mess up your protein absorption... I'd fit some cardio in first thing in the morning or before bed, or both... I like before bed because i feel like my metabolism is ramped up so i'm burning fat all night... Make sure you get your casein in before bed to avoid catabolism if you do go that route.
Cardio is one of the best nutrient repatitioners out there. It will increase protein utilization, not hinder it.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Hey im thinking of purchasing ANIMAL CUTS... anyone got any good reviews on it? will it prevent me from gaining weight?

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
its a energy/thermo/diuretic/fat burner all in one, and from personal experience it can be pretty potent. id be willing to bet that unless youre consuming a pretty large amount of calories every day AC will probably hinder your ability to put on any weight. theres a strong possibility that youre going to lose weight on it as well. talk to an Animal Rep though and see what they think about the situation...

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So basically i should focus on bulking first....... The thing is im eating 4000 cals a day and only do cardio twice a week and im stuck on 199 in the morning... i cant go up

S

skidalybop50

Awards
I think the main thing is to eat healthy and not overdo it on your calories if you want the best of both worlds, which is easier said than done.

The simple fact is that calories in - calories expended = weight gain/loss

So if you're eating 4k cals a day, and your body only needs 3500 a day, you're gaining a pound of fat per week because of that extra 3500 cals over the 7 days.

Whereas if you eat clean and only take in what you need eating smaller meals every few hours, you'll have better odds of getting the body comp you want.

I

Ironloo

this works for me you will lose fat and maintain if not gain a little muscle. For one no cardio do compound exercises only no isolation except for abs and no machines. do circuits zero rest of olympic powerlifting compound moves m-f .

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
So basically i should focus on bulking first....... The thing is im eating 4000 cals a day and only do cardio twice a week and im stuck on 199 in the morning... i cant go up
You seem to be taking this very quickly and seriously -- weight gain is a process that takes time to appreciate properly. You can maintain at the same weight for a bit and let your body adapt to it, increase your calories some and see how it affects you, and just try a bunch of different eating styles out (ratio wise). How long have you been stuck at 199? Most of all, you can't expect linear progress by any means. Keep doing what you're doing, especially if your lifts are improving, and you will see the results you want.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
We've already covered this: eat less and do cardio. You should be doing cardio year-round regardless of your specific goals.
^ I second this.

Abs are a bodyfat% muscle. Get your core strength up through big core movements like squats and overhead presses.

For your arms you will want to utilize heavy arm flexion and extension movements like weighted dips, bench presses, bent over barbell rows and pullups/chinups.

D

darkvard

Awards
recomp and do HIIT you should gain muscle and lose fat i know i am

R

racingmind

Awards
Take hydroxicut and do some cardio everyday and you'll be cut like diamonds in no time