Possible Knot in Trapezius

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
Basically I don't do shoulder shruggs too often and did a set last week and from then on my right Trap kinda hurts when I turn my head. Now I didn't go that heavy when I dd my traps last, but it get cramped in the morning and hurts when I turn my head. I don't want to stop working out since I have been gaining. It doesn't hurt when I workout, I did deadlifts yesterdy it felt great. But then it cramps up hours later idk.... Not sure what it is if it's a knot or not.

Shane0Mac

Awards
ive overworked my traps before and its not much fun, potassium can help with the cramps. probably not a bad idea to stretch them or even give them a massage.

dpfisher

You probably just slept funny or something. For about the last 2 weeks I've been having wicked pain/cramps right at the top of the trap and into the neck, couldn't figure out why. It finally went away yesterday. I found stretching my neck away from it gave at least a small amount of temporary relief while I was dealing with it. If it doesn't affect your lifting I'd just ignore it.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
You probably just slept funny or something. For about the last 2 weeks I've been having wicked pain/cramps right at the top of the trap and into the neck, couldn't figure out why. It finally went away yesterday. I found stretching my neck away from it gave at least a small amount of temporary relief while I was dealing with it. If it doesn't affect your lifting I'd just ignore it.
that's kinda like my problem. It real bad and painfull in the morning, then it kinda doesn't hurt as much later since I'm moving it around. But it will get stiff if I watch a
movie