5x5..... AND THEN WHAT?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Im doing the 5x5 Routine now... and ive been doing it for about two months ive experienced awesome gains... and gained weight because ive dramatically changed my diet.... Ive noticed however that even tho im getting bigger ive lost alot of the definition that i used to have... What routine should i start after the 5x5 to loose some belly fat ive gained while still maintaining muscle weight and volume and maybe increase my definition a bit... And please nothing that will decrease my performance

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
High Intensity Interval training, if you have bad joints you can do it on an exercise bike although I think the most effective may be sprinting...here is what I do on the bike because my hamstrings are shot...

5 min warmup
1 min hard as possible
2 min slow rest period
1 min hard as possible
repeat until complete exhaustion then
5 min cooldown and stretching

One way to do it is run on a track, sprint the straights and walk the turns

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I really dont wanna loose any mass tho i just wanna cut... will this help?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
i kinda wanna keep gaining weight til i reach 210 and be a lean muscle 210 with very low stomach chubiness..... but as ive been gaining so has my belly.... should i keep eating my 4000 cals a day and just add cardio? or will that prevent weight gain? what should i do?

skidalybop50

Awards
don't worry so much about what the scale says. Focus on a good diet with lots of protein to continue the muscle growth and less junk to avoid the fat. Once I decided to stop force-feeding myself because I felt I had to hit a certain calorie number cuz the magazines and forums said so I noticed I could still make gains and keep a low bf% so i didnt have to bulk/cut bulk/cut, never being happy with either my fat or my lack of muscle.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
not sure what your diet is but you could prob clean it up a bit... focus on eating complex carbs like oats and whole grains and limit the simple carbs/sugars to after your workout

mikeL16

Awards
My personal 5x5 log. Its tough and requires alot of time in the gym but see what you think- anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/145302-mikels-fav-strength.html#post2296559