are cable deadlifts a sufficient subsitute for regular deadlifts?
- 03-27-2004, 01:14 PM
- 03-27-2004, 01:28 PM
I would not think, mainly because they stabilizer muscle would not be used as much.. if you have a Hammer ground squat you can use it for deads..
- 03-27-2004, 11:38 PM
NO! Why would you want to use the cable instead of the bar??
03-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Only reason I can think of is if someone is adverse to pain. The bigest weight stack I've seen on a cable is 250 at best, hard to push yourself like that.Originally Posted by iron addict
03-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Only reason I can think of is out of pure laziness, not wanting to load and unload the bar.Originally Posted by iron addict
03-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Didn't want to just come out and say that but now that it's been said... ditto!Originally Posted by Cuffs
03-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I must admit, that's it,
not wanting to hunt down the weights and unload + load the bar,
plus it's hard to find the space in the gym to do them when there are some people there.
I guess I should be ashamed.
Similar Forum Threads
- By njt11 in forum SupplementsReplies: 14Last Post: 08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
- By cgcrz8 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-25-2006, 06:23 PM
- By kamar in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2006, 03:47 PM
- By Moyer in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
- By Technics in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 10-25-2004, 10:21 PM