how is everybody testing bodyfat?

1. Cool how is everybody testing bodyfat?

does everybody just use that 3 point method? tia for any constructive thoughts...
    Last edited by julius kelp; 03-28-2004 at 02:06 PM.

2. yep, thats what I do, here's a link to plug it into if you need it http://www.rustyiron.net/formmale.htm
    •   

3. i like the 8 point check that way you get all points........ dont have a link though sorry

4. I have used the 3-point, but I know its not accurate for me. I just happen to be more lean in the 3 spots than other spots. I tested out to 8.3% when I know was at least 10%. The 7-pt test is much more accurate.

I attached a bodyfat calculator template I put together that will calculate both the 3-point & 7-point methods. Just type in the measurements & your age, the formulas are already in there.

5. my eletronic scale in my bathroom also measures my BF% by an electrical impulse. Its accurate enough for me.

6. I always use the "parillo formula" for measurements. I'll try to find a link in the meantime... What I have is in a book..

7. I have a tanita scale too. It usually says I am between 18%-21%, then the calipers say around 10%. Real accurate. It is total garbage IMO. It uses those stupid bodyfat formulas based on your height & weight. I am 221 at 6ft. I am sure most people with those stats are 20+% bf, thats why it reads that way.

8. I use an electronic BF analyzer and calipers, and the calipers always measure lower. Looking in the mirror, I do not think either of them are right (for me, anyway). My guess is that the "real" number is somewhere in the middle.

9. With an abacus

Seriously though, I use the calipers. It's close enough for me.

10. the electronic things REALLY test conductivity aka water. hydration really changes the readings drastically. thanks for all the comments dudes.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    the electronic things REALLY test conductivity aka water. hydration really changes the readings drastically. thanks for all the comments dudes.
    That is correct--and the reason electronic BF measurements should be made each time under the same conditions. As I understand it, the most consistent condition is first thing in the morning after draining your bladder and before drinking anything.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM
  2. How important is a test base?
    By thedj in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
  4. How is Diesel Test hardcore?
    By boxmeman in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 03:16 AM
  5. How can I test if this is juice or not?
    By Edge in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:25 AM