Spine Treatments

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Spine Treatments

Injured my back in 07' and continue to have back pain. Had MRI and my L5/S1 is herniated and my L4/L5 is dessicated/degenerative. About to start injections in the L4/L5 disc with harvested stem cells from myself by an orthopedic/sports medicine doctor. I also have been looking into spinal fusion surgery for the L5/S1 disc since it is deep enough in the pelvis and doesn't contribute a lot to spinal movement. My goals for what I'm looking into is to be pain free or at least to a lesser degree and less frequent and also in time to continue with power lifting down the road. I'm only 24 and have plenty of time to get lifting heavy again. Has anyone known anyone that is active and had the spinal fusion surgery at the L5/S1 level and there outcome. As for the stem cell injections in the L4/L5 disc I have also been researching OP-1(osteogenic protein) injections that also have shown to help regenerate disc. Are there other treatments out there that could be beneficial that I could look into? Currently keeping heavy direct downward pressure off the low spine, stretching and decompression therapy. Sorry if this post is sporadic it's late and I'm tired.

Thanks

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Lumbar Steroidal injections got rid of pain that I had for 8 years. I have a pars defect, bulging disc, and a spodilythesis. Injections are frequent but I am 95% pain free.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller
    Injured my back in 07' and continue to have back pain. Had MRI and my L5/S1 is herniated and my L4/L5 is dessicated/degenerative. About to start injections in the L4/L5 disc with harvested stem cells from myself by an orthopedic/sports medicine doctor. I also have been looking into spinal fusion surgery for the L5/S1 disc since it is deep enough in the pelvis and doesn't contribute a lot to spinal movement. My goals for what I'm looking into is to be pain free or at least to a lesser degree and less frequent and also in time to continue with power lifting down the road. I'm only 24 and have plenty of time to get lifting heavy again. Has anyone known anyone that is active and had the spinal fusion surgery at the L5/S1 level and there outcome. As for the stem cell injections in the L4/L5 disc I have also been researching OP-1(osteogenic protein) injections that also have shown to help regenerate disc. Are there other treatments out there that could be beneficial that I could look into? Currently keeping heavy direct downward pressure off the low spine, stretching and decompression therapy. Sorry if this post is sporadic it's late and I'm tired.

Thanks
    Did anything come off this? Im interested myself!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Inquiry: Spine Realignment
    By purebred in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 03:18 PM
  2. spine injuries
    By bigironkiller in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
  3. Spine surgery L3 -L5
    By JanSz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine