STRENGTH LOSS

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was second training day this week when i went to bench on my last set at 195 i only did four reps and then COULD NOT lift the bar at all... i used to be able to do six no sweat... but lately i have been having alot of trouble doing them.... and yesterday i just couldnt... things that i think could be the cause are lack of sleep because of work and other responsibilities, i also lost about 4lbs recently and i dont know how... i added dips and squats to my routine but idk if that has any effect. and ive been off creatine for about a month and a week

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Please advise on how i can fix this situation and on what can be the cause

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
whats your diet look like, loss in weight could be LBM and not fat. If you upped your intensity of workouts by add more set/reps and still want to increase strength you need to adjust your diet accordingly. Lack of sleep and increased stress as well as lack of focus in the gym can all play a role also.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
yea i upped my workout but my diet is still catching up... i really need to gain some weight...also lately ive been wanking alot more... any effect?

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I dont think that is related, some reports suggest it lowers test levels, by how much, I haven't looked into it, but IMO I dont believe bustin a nut more offend will effect your lefts that drastically. start eating more, and make sure you get enough sleep

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to be rude by any means but are you joking around? I can't tell if you are or not by this post and the other you posted asking about your routine.

It doesn't sound like you have the fundamentals down at all and really need to research more on your own about nutrition, sleep, and general training principles.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
^ not joking but thanks for throwing that at me -_-
asking for help is how u learn

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ not joking but thanks for throwing that at me -_-
asking for help is how u learn
Partially. Doing your own research is how most should learn. It's not as easy, but you learn far more.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Where should I research? I read workout books all the time but I've never read up on things like this... I only ask about specific things pertaining me

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where should I research? I read workout books all the time but I've never read up on things like this... I only ask about specific things pertaining me
This is the problem: you're looking to learn only about specific situations instead of learning how to apply principles.

Think of it in terms of algebra: you can learn how to do a specific problem or you can learn the principles and then apply them to all problems. Which one will be more effective? The latter will be, obviously.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So what would be the principle behind this? An my other post about my workouts

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're freaking out about 1 ****ty session; it happens. Trial and error is 90% of BBing because we're only looking at everything on paper. Keep trying new things and realize it's all a test. If you're looking at strength, go for 5x5.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok first of all u said u added squats. that means ur gonna have to eat more than you are now. your GPP probably isnt up there. When i use to train only bench and biceps my bench gains were great ( i was new to the game).

Eat more. SLowly work more volume into your routine, workout at night when your rested hit ur lift drink a shake do another meal hit the sack.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'd take a few days off completely then start on a new routine....

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Im going with that ^ im skipping training today then starting a new routine as of monday and thx btw RODJA savin me from ignorance all the time

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
This is your answer to your other post. You have crashed already so your routine is the problem. You argued that 5x5 didn't seem like it was for you but you haven't tried it yet. How about try it for a couple months EXACTLY as layed out and see what happens.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
ive already started the 5x5 exactly as layed out.... it seems to be working cuz ive got a sore chest.... but will my arms grow at all during this? im eating alot more also btw... i just wanna up my arm size by a few inches...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive already started the 5x5 exactly as layed out.... it seems to be working cuz ive got a sore chest.... but will my arms grow at all during this? im eating alot more also btw... i just wanna up my arm size by a few inches...
5x5 will give you some great thickness all over. There is not much direct arms work, but heavy compound lifts hit every muscle including the biceps/triceps.

After 12 weeks, switch to BB-type routine to shape the newly augmented mass.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
And will it be affected if i start it after three months? the recommended is 3 for 5x5

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
whats bb-type routine?

I think he meant switch to a style workout that incorporates higher reps such as 8-12, and includes compound lifts as well as individual muscle lifts(such as DB curls or skull crushers for arms).

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
And you wonder why people fry you for not using Google?!
Sample:
One bodypart per week. I.E. Mon. Back & Bi's Tues off Wed off Thursday shoulders Friday legs Saturday Chest & Tri's. Cardio in there at your discretion. Or not. Depending on your goals.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
well the research i did stated on stronglifts5x5. com that i can do isolations for the bicep and tricep once each week on my friday routine cuz i have 2 recoop days... so that made me happeh lol any recommends?