please reviews my 3 day split

ucanes23

Awards
What do you guys think of my workout schedule; i will be starting it tomorrow. is their anywhere i should improve in my schedule. thanks

Mon- Chest, triceps, abs 5 mile run
Tues- 5 mile run
Wed- Back, biceps, abs 5 mile run
Thrus- 5 mile run
Fri- Legs, Shoulders, abs 5 mile run

Chest, Triceps,Abs Sets Reps
DB flat bench 3 10
Incline DB 3 10
Pec fly 3 10
Pushups 3 failure
skullcrushers 3 10
close grip bench 3 10
pressdowns 3 10
decline crunch 3 15
reverse crunch 3 15
cycle crunch 3 15

back, biceps Abs sets reps
Lat row 3 10
Lat pulldown 3 10
T-Bar row 3 10
Pullups 3 failure
Barbell Curl 3 10
Incline DB Curl 3 10
Preacher Curl 3 10
decline crunch 3 15
reverse crunch 3 15
cycle crunch 3 15

Leg, Shoulders, Abs sets reps
leg press 3 10
leg curl 3 10
leg ext 3 10
DB shoulder press 3 10
DB Front raise 3 10
DB Side Raise 3 10
decline crunch 3 15
reverse crunch 3 15
cycle crunch 3 15

hadijd

hadijd

Awards
You Run too Much. And everything is 3 and 10. These workouts are all used on an Iso machine or use single muscle group, where is squats, deads, snatches, clean & jerk???

Last edited:

Rommel65

Awards
I agree

You Run too Much. And everything is 3 and 10. These workouts are all used on an Iso machine or use single muscle group, where is squats, deads, snatches, clean & jerk???
You are not going to get any bigger or stronger training like this. Are you training for some kind of fitness comp like a triathalon? I only use free weights and only do like 4 different exercises for each major body part. And, one day a week is dead,squat day. Only 2 exercises, and it kicks my ass the most of any day. With all that running, you will see little to no strength gains. I've been at this for like 15 years, but hey I have gained about 100 lbs in that time, mostly muscle. I'm in the process of cutting to less than 10% to get to 280. We'll see how it goes. Good luck, you should post some goals, I could give better advice.

diezel

Awards
  • Established
How long does that workout take. Thats a lot of stress on the body and a good way to increase cortisol and decrease testosterone levels.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can get bigger and/or stronger running 15 miles per week, but you cannot do this without spending lots of time in the rack. There are no squats or deadlifts in this split along with no dips, trap/rear delt work, and lacking the big 5.