HIATAL HERNIA HELP PLZ!

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, have any of you ever experienced or know somebody who had experienced a hiatal hernia? I've had one for the past year and it's now starting to flare up again. It's depressing and kills my motivation. If you have or know somebody who has had a hiatal hernia what did you/they do to cope with the symptoms? I feel like i have tons of phlem in the back of my throat all the time and it only goes away when i burp but then comes right back. It's caused me to puke all my breakfast up and i've been having to miss workouts lately because I feel like ****!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Treatment of large para-eso****eal hernias causing symptoms requires surgery. During surgery, the stomach is pulled down into the abdomen, the eso****eal hiatus is made smaller, and the eso****us is attached firmly to the diaphragm. This procedure restores the normal anatomy.

Since sliding hiatal hernias rarely cause problems themselves but rather contribute to acid reflux, the treatment for patients with hiatal hernias is usually the same as for the associated GERD. If the GERD is severe, complicated, or unresponsive to reasonable doses of medications, surgery often is performed. At the time of surgery, the hiatal hernia is eliminated in a manner similar to the repair of para-eso****eal hernias. However, in addition, part of the upper stomach is wrapped around the lower sphincter to augment the pressure at the sphincter and further prevent acid reflux.

Pulled this from medicinenet.net It seems as though surgery would be the only fix since itis atomical internal issue. Maybe smaller meals? Not sure exactly, i have never heard of it un til now.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
yea i've researched it and i think i'll just have to get the surgery. i was hoping for some type of remedy but i guess there really isn't one besides surgery. thanks for the reply. i hope none of yall never get one tho cuz they suck!!