Any suggestions for lower ab targeting

Grifty McGrift

Awards
I have been working out regularly for about 9 months, with the last 3 months being 6 days/week on a 3 workout rotation with abs every day to some degree.. I have a pretty solid 4 pack on the uppers but am looking for something to target the lower section. I currently do reverse crunches, decline crunches and leg lowers (more hips I know) 4 sets of 25. when I do these I get good contraction in the upper area, but don't feel like the lower is getting that same contraction.

any recomendations? I know visually I need to lower BF% to see them, but I don't feel like they are getting as much of a workout as the upper area.

Thanks! :cool:

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
try this, hang or use the loops you see in some gyms ( just hang in some fashion)

you might need a friend to help, but hang weight on you lower legs and try to bring your legs to you chest.

Or use those same loops on a the bottom of a cable crossover machine, lay on your back, hold onto one side of the machine, and pull your legs up to your chest, pulling the stack up on the other side, all while your feet r pulling up to your chest.

I promise you pain like you never felt, and tightness?!, you'll feel like your abs will be impenetrable even to bullets.

Last edited:

Grifty McGrift

Awards
try this, hang or use the loops you see in some gyms ( just hang in some fashion)

you might need a friend to help, but hang weight on you lower legs and try to bring your legs to you chest.

Or use those same loops on a the bottom of a cable crossover machine, lay on your back, hold onto one side of the machine, and pull your legs up to your chest, pulling the stack up on the other side, all while your feet r pulling up yo your chest.

I promise you pain like you never felt, and tightness?!, you feel like your abs will be impenetrable even to bullets.
Hmmm..I will have to try something like this. I work out at home, but I have on order one of those pullup/dip/leg hanging ab stations, hopefully it will be here soon. any other suggestions using a bench.?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Try this one:

Sit at the end of a bench, lean back with your hands on the bench behind you to add support, hold a dumbell between your feet and raise it off of the ground. Bring your knees to your chest, like a crunch, and lower. Do this slow and under control. Burn baby burn! :D