odd shoulder pain - AnabolicMinds.com

odd shoulder pain

  1. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    odd shoulder pain


    ok ive been having a pain in my right shoulder joint that has been going on for about a month.it hurts when doing flat bb bench,incline bb bench,incline db,incline flys,and military and db shoulder presses and only hurts when my shoulders are all the way down like when the bar touches my chest or when i come down all the way when shoulder pressing.the pain is directly at the back of the shoulder and feels directly on the joint and its a sharp pain but it doesnt nag or persist.sometimes hurts at night if i lay on it.but i can fully rotate my shoulder and bring it over my head and to the side with no pain.but if i stretch it too far back it hurts.it hurts when im resiting or pushing weight but not when im pulling.any ideas???

  2. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    I too have had a similar issue. It started when I was in High school, playing football. I tore off some cartilage in my shoulder. I started training again, heavy, to early in recovery and paralyzed my left side thoracic nerve. I never followed the physical therapists orders, and the small muscles around the area began to become very weak. I don't have much control over my wing bone. Its really thrown off my left side.

    I recently started back to training about a year ago. Alot of time spent doing benches and other compound movements, but neglected my back, and especially my rear delts and surrounding muscles. Which has made that area very week. To the point where it hurt to go heavy on presses, and pretty much killed military presses for me. I started doing them again with dumbbells, going very light and just focusing on form and posture.
    I've also been hitting my rear delts a lot more, as well.

    You might think about going to see a doc. Or even talk with a physical therapist.

    I've learned you can't neglect the little guys. They'll make you pay.
  3. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I too have had a similar issue. It started when I was in High school, playing football. I tore off some cartilage in my shoulder. I started training again, heavy, to early in recovery and paralyzed my left side thoracic nerve. I never followed the physical therapists orders, and the small muscles around the area began to become very weak. I don't have much control over my wing bone. Its really thrown off my left side.

    I recently started back to training about a year ago. Alot of time spent doing benches and other compound movements, but neglected my back, and especially my rear delts and surrounding muscles. Which has made that area very week. To the point where it hurt to go heavy on presses, and pretty much killed military presses for me. I started doing them again with dumbbells, going very light and just focusing on form and posture.
    I've also been hitting my rear delts a lot more, as well.

    You might think about going to see a doc. Or even talk with a physical therapist.

    I've learned you can't neglect the little guys. They'll make you pay.
    thats what i was thinking too.it feels like its in the rear delt.i did shoulders the other day very light and and did some rear delts and after my shoulder got warmed up real good it felt better for a little while.thanks for the response.i asked a power lifter today at the gym and he said a rear delt tendon strain or tear.ill try to lay off bench and heavy shoulder work for awhile and see if it helps.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    caliphotog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    180

    Reputation

    Hey man... Sorry to hear you are having shoulder problems! I was having issues as well, and I ran across this post over at intense muscle posted by doggcrapp himself. I tried it out and it worked! I was better in less than a week, and all pain was gone in 2 weeks. Hope this helps you!

    http://www.intensemuscle.com/6997-ho...o-90-time.html
  5. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by caliphotog View Post
    Hey man... Sorry to hear you are having shoulder problems! I was having issues as well, and I ran across this post over at intense muscle posted by doggcrapp himself. I tried it out and it worked! I was better in less than a week, and all pain was gone in 2 weeks. Hope this helps you!

    http://www.intensemuscle.com/6997-ho...o-90-time.html
    thanks dude ima give these a try.hopefully this will help.i will let you know the results.
  6. New Member
    SemiBulimic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    342

    Reputation

    Is your training balanced? i.e. do you pull more volume-wise than you push? this may have occurred due to your workouts being more push orientated. Just a thought as i have recently been pulling more than i've been pushing and it's helped significantly
  7. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SemiBulimic View Post
    Is your training balanced? i.e. do you pull more volume-wise than you push? this may have occurred due to your workouts being more push orientated. Just a thought as i have recently been pulling more than i've been pushing and it's helped significantly
    mostly balanced but i have neglected the rear delts a bit.probably root of the problem.
  8. New Member
    SemiBulimic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    342

    Reputation

    maybe so. bring that area up, combine with prehab and rehab of rotator cuffs during training and hopefully you'll be pain free
  9. New Member
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    do you have a bump or is there any pain right where your collar bone meets up with the shoulder, look for a small bump right on top of the shoulder, if so its the AC joint and you can look up plenty of info on that injury. I may be way off but just trying to help.
  10. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    do you have a bump or is there any pain right where your collar bone meets up with the shoulder, look for a small bump right on top of the shoulder, if so its the AC joint and you can look up plenty of info on that injury. I may be way off but just trying to help.
    nah no bump other than the bone.never really have pain in that area.sometimes it gets sore/fatigued but no pain.
  11. New Member
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jambarino View Post
    nah no bump other than the bone.never really have pain in that area.sometimes it gets sore/fatigued but no pain.
    that is what the bump will be, bone, its the collar bone pulling away from the joint and making the slight bump underneath the skin. but is sounds like no pain in that area so good luck sometimes just a weeks worth of deload will heal up injuries no problem.
  12. New Member
    jambarino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    that is what the bump will be, bone, its the collar bone pulling away from the joint and making the slight bump underneath the skin. but is sounds like no pain in that area so good luck sometimes just a weeks worth of deload will heal up injuries no problem.
    hmm.now that you mention that there is a small bump on my right one but not on my left.but like i said no pain.hmm
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. pain in shoulder
    By Swoldierboy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 01:03 AM
  2. shoulder pain
    By mikevizz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. Shoulder Pain serious or not
    By JeRrYcRaCk in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
  4. shoulder / arm pain
    By gabriel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 10:38 AM
  5. Shoulder pain
    By Gmonkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in