Hemoroids from squats ???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.83%

Hemoroids from squats ???

Sorry about the topic .... but had to ask. Have any of you guys ever had hemoroids flare up as a result from squats ?

I just returned to doing squats after a time away from them as I consentrated on a goal on Trap Bar deadlifts. A couple days after each squat workout I had hemoroids flare up. I never had them before to the point of having to mention them or have tham as uncomfortable as they are now and was wondering if any of you experianced this.

I remember years ago hearing someone say they quit squats because of this but I never paid any attention as I wasn't having it happen at the time.

It is enough of a ' pain in the ass ' where I'll have to drop them from my routine and go to Leg Presses or back to deadlifts if it continues like this. This wouldn't kill me as the TB deadlifts I fiound to be THE exercise for me and just went back to squats for a change.

Appreciate comments if you guys ezperianced the same thing ......

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

I've gotten them from heavy squats before or at least I assume thats what they were. The few times I got them I took it easy for a week and they went away.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I've never had hemies, but I was going for a set of deadlifts the other day and ripped a fart that echoed off the walls in mid lift. Man, I could'nt even act like it wasn't me so I just kept with my set. Needless to say all eyes were on me. Too much protein in my diet I guess. LOL
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    I've never had hemies, but I was going for a set of deadlifts the other day and ripped a fart that echoed off the walls in mid lift. Man, I could'nt even act like it wasn't me so I just kept with my set. Needless to say all eyes were on me. Too much protein in my diet I guess. LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA LOL....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is funny.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

i am sure you can get hemorrhoids from lifting too heavy. look what happend to this guy.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS REALLY REALLY ****ED UP! YOU MAY VOMIT! VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

upon seeing this most people scream something along the lines of "HOLY ****ING ****!!!" and literally jump back from the computer.

you have been warned.

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.66%

Jesus ****ing Christ Holy ****ing ****..........how Am I Gonna Squat Now!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?
  7. PC1

Crotalus......

Hemorrhoids are caused by small blood clots that become stuck in veins around the anus and the veins become swollen (thrombosed). The only times in my life I've ever had hemorrhoid problems has been when cycling androgens.

It occurred to me that perhaps if I took 1 aspirin a day as a mild blood thinner, it might help that problem. The last PH cycle I did was the first EVER androgen cycle I ever did that I didn't get hemorrhoids.

If you don't have any problem with taking aspirin, try taking 1 a day at the FIRST SIGN of a flare up.

Good luck
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.83%

Thanks for the advice. I take aspirin but that didn't seem to help the hemroids. They have since went away , and I've deadlifted and squated since without a flareup.

This last time was bad enough I wrote about it here but it was still nothing horrific ... I was just asking as I remember hearing years ago that some guys suffer from them because of heavy squats. I was kind of wondering how common this was.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy
    i am sure you can get hemorrhoids from lifting too heavy. look what happend to this guy.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS REALLY REALLY ****ED UP! YOU MAY VOMIT! VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

upon seeing this most people scream something along the lines of "HOLY ****ING ****!!!" and literally jump back from the computer.

you have been warned.

Even though this is a great story and better photo the weighlifting competition mentioned in the article was never verified. This is an urban legend.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.31%

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy

you have been warned.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/prolapse.asp
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.49%

Goddamn! There are actually people out there who haven't seen that yet?
  12. E-BOLLER
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.29%

I have a problem with it but a flareup has never been directly caused by squats, no matter how intense the set may be.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Jcc
    Goddamn! There are actually people out there who haven't seen that yet?
    Yup, I was one of them...damn i got suckered big time
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.5%

ive heard about it for some time,
    i chose not to look at it at first, but you guys suckered me into it,

definately fake just by looking at it.

I could do that with adobe 7.0 photochop, hehe
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.51%

I've heard/read that lifting heavy can cause hemies, even sqatting. I know it doesn't help any, that's for sure....I've had'em before. Don't know if squatting directly effects them, but I think diet has more to do with it.

Some tips according to my Doc:
    Try eating more fiber, or supplement with some. Soak in hot soapy water to shrink hemies (only use ivory soap) ---even when showering. Don't use colored underwear. Avoid fried/spicy foods. Try Tronolane cream before bed, you'll be better by morning....or pep-h.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natural High From Squats??
    By cranghel099 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
  2. (paintball) Burst Speed from Squat w/ HIIT & Upper Body
    By stankopalluza in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
  3. Back pain from squats
    By glipp in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20