Hemoroids from squats ???

Crotalus

Awards
Sorry about the topic .... but had to ask. Have any of you guys ever had hemoroids flare up as a result from squats ?

I just returned to doing squats after a time away from them as I consentrated on a goal on Trap Bar deadlifts. A couple days after each squat workout I had hemoroids flare up. I never had them before to the point of having to mention them or have tham as uncomfortable as they are now and was wondering if any of you experianced this.

I remember years ago hearing someone say they quit squats because of this but I never paid any attention as I wasn't having it happen at the time.

It is enough of a ' pain in the ass ' :rolleyes: where I'll have to drop them from my routine and go to Leg Presses or back to deadlifts if it continues like this. This wouldn't kill me as the TB deadlifts I fiound to be THE exercise for me and just went back to squats for a change.

Appreciate comments if you guys ezperianced the same thing ......

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I've gotten them from heavy squats before or at least I assume thats what they were. The few times I got them I took it easy for a week and they went away.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I've never had hemies, but I was going for a set of deadlifts the other day and ripped a fart that echoed off the walls in mid lift. :eek: Man, I could'nt even act like it wasn't me so I just kept with my set. :D Needless to say all eyes were on me. Too much protein in my diet I guess. LOL

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
I've never had hemies, but I was going for a set of deadlifts the other day and ripped a fart that echoed off the walls in mid lift. :eek: Man, I could'nt even act like it wasn't me so I just kept with my set. :D Needless to say all eyes were on me. Too much protein in my diet I guess. LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA LOL....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is funny.

wimpy

Awards
i am sure you can get hemorrhoids from lifting too heavy. look what happend to this guy.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS REALLY REALLY FUCKED UP! YOU MAY VOMIT! VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

upon seeing this most people scream something along the lines of "HOLY FUCKING ****!!!" and literally jump back from the computer.

you have been warned.

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/

lvtrojan

Awards
Jesus Fucking Christ Holy Fucking ****..........how Am I Gonna Squat Now!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PC1

Crotalus......

Hemorrhoids are caused by small blood clots that become stuck in veins around the anus and the veins become swollen (thrombosed). The only times in my life I've ever had hemorrhoid problems has been when cycling androgens.

It occurred to me that perhaps if I took 1 aspirin a day as a mild blood thinner, it might help that problem. The last PH cycle I did was the first EVER androgen cycle I ever did that I didn't get hemorrhoids.

If you don't have any problem with taking aspirin, try taking 1 a day at the FIRST SIGN of a flare up.

Good luck

Crotalus

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I take aspirin but that didn't seem to help the hemroids. They have since went away , and I've deadlifted and squated since without a flareup.

This last time was bad enough I wrote about it here but it was still nothing horrific ... I was just asking as I remember hearing years ago that some guys suffer from them because of heavy squats. I was kind of wondering how common this was.

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
i am sure you can get hemorrhoids from lifting too heavy. look what happend to this guy.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! THIS IS REALLY REALLY FUCKED UP! YOU MAY VOMIT! VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

upon seeing this most people scream something along the lines of "HOLY FUCKING ****!!!" and literally jump back from the computer.

you have been warned.

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/
Even though this is a great story and better photo the weighlifting competition mentioned in the article was never verified. This is an urban legend.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Goddamn! There are actually people out there who haven't seen that yet?

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I have a problem with it but a flareup has never been directly caused by squats, no matter how intense the set may be.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
ive heard about it for some time,
i chose not to look at it at first, but you guys suckered me into it,

definately fake just by looking at it.

I could do that with adobe 7.0 photochop, hehe

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I've heard/read that lifting heavy can cause hemies, even sqatting. I know it doesn't help any, that's for sure....I've had'em before. Don't know if squatting directly effects them, but I think diet has more to do with it.

Some tips according to my Doc:
Try eating more fiber, or supplement with some. Soak in hot soapy water to shrink hemies (only use ivory soap) ---even when showering. Don't use colored underwear. Avoid fried/spicy foods. Try Tronolane cream before bed, you'll be better by morning....or pep-h.