chest fly-press

itzgambino

Awards
I was looking at some routine and it called for dumbbell fly-presses. I have seen these before but I do not remember the range of motion on these. The article says it starts out as a fly in the bottom position and rotate to a press at the top. Anybody know exactly how these work?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at some routine and it called for dumbbell fly-presses. I have seen these before but I do not remember the range of motion on these. The article says it starts out as a fly in the bottom position and rotate to a press at the top. Anybody know exactly how these work?
i would imagine that you bring the DB's together at the bottom of a fly movement and press up with the DB's together. that hurts my rotator cuffs just typing that......

itzgambino

Awards
yea im sitting here trying to recreate that and I can only imagine the havoc that it would put on your shoulders, maybe I am overthinking the motion?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
a normal fly is good enough these will kill ur rotators

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather superset some DB presses with some flyes than do that. Sounds like an exercise a high schooler would have made up...

TheGunslinger

Awards
If its the same routine as the one at tnation, its a fly then at the peak contraction your lower down into a press, then a fly and so on.

I tried it, but obviously you are going to be able to press way more than you can fly.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea guys if its from the nation routine of the button popping pecs or watever that routine looks really easy?

i did my wendler routine 3 x 3 then did
Decline press 3 x 6 with 3 45s per side
Incline Rest pause set of 8
Flyes Press 2 x 8-10 but i did flyes then when i hit 8-10 i did dumbell bench with the same weight.

i didnt do the crazy 5 sets of pec dec chest was too beat.. the routine seems dumb tho because u hve to push the weight on flyes every week?