Is a reverse grip okay for BB shrugs?
- 02-12-2004, 02:29 AM
- 02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
If you're shrugging any decent weight without straps then it's the only way to grip the weight. If you are concerned, switch the hand that faces out and the one that faces in on each set.
02-12-2004, 09:17 PM
02-12-2004, 09:21 PM
that is alternating grip and yes it is okay but you might end up with one side being somewhat stronger than the other..
02-12-2004, 09:22 PM
just dont add weight until you have held it both ways, which is more sets but i assume that would help
02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
I gave up using alternating grips and any grip support (other than gloves) about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Initially i had to drop poundage to compensate but my grip/forearm strength improved radically and quickly to the point where it's never a consideration anymore even when doing heavy singles.
Similar Forum Threads
- By iSwole in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM
- By BettrBdyMitch in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 45Last Post: 07-11-2009, 05:30 PM
- By ari4216 in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:45 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 06-21-2008, 05:58 AM
- By jjohn in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2006, 08:20 PM