Re-modelling my Routine!!

1. Re-modelling my Routine!!

Chuck's old school routine:
    MON- Chest/Triceps
    TUE- Legs/Calves (some abs, but very inconsistent here)
    THU- Shoulders/Back
    FRI- Biceps/Forearms

Now, I have been lifting since the beginning of high school and I have finally learned that if you really want your forearms, abs, and calves to grow- ya gotta train these TWICE a week. In some cases you may wanna do them three times a week, depending on how you respond. So here's the new routine I have devised, specifically tailored to my needs to promote maximal anabolism:

MON- Abs/Back/Calves
    TUE- Chest/Grip (another way to work forearms)
    WED- Calves/Legs
    THU- Biceps/triceps/forearms
    FRI- Abs/Shoulders

A bit of a radical routine here. I don't think you find this from browsing articles at BB.com or reading Muscle & Fitness magazines In my experience I honestly think this is routine something that can really push my results beyond what I've been expecting. I know I won't have any weekdays off and a couple workouts will be extended beyond the 1-hour I've been acustomed to but all I gotta say to myself is suck it up. I'll be starting this after my 2 weeks off, Feb. 16. I should have the exercises I'll be doing up soon too.
    Last edited by Chuck; 02-12-2004 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Change in schedule

2. I can't speak for you, but I need rest in between workouts for mass gains. I was told long ago that if you insist on going everyday then do calves and forearms on "off" days, which IMO would fit into what you are trying to do.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    I can't speak for you, but I need rest in between workouts for mass gains. I was told long ago that if you insist on going everyday then do calves and forearms on "off" days, which IMO would fit into what you are trying to do.
    I see where you're coming from. I think what's key is that I shouldn't be working body parts that are closely related to other body parts, consecutive days. An example would be chest on one day, then shoulders the next day. I'm a big fan of incline/flat dumbbell presses for chest and doing shoulder presses the next day simply doesn't mix. When I made up this routine I made sure not to make this kinda mistake.

BTW- When I'm trying to build mass- which I always am!, I find that it can help to workout as frequently as possible without overtraining cuz everytime you workout you trigger your body to release more anabolic hormones. An example is when I do legs following chest day I notice my sore chest goes away faster. I guarantee that's cuz the squats helped to release more testosterone and other anabolic chemicals.
    Last edited by Chuck; 02-11-2004 at 06:41 PM. Reason: grammatical errors

4. Working tri's 3 times a week might be a bit of an over kill for them. I would cut tri's out of your THU workout. Maybe just cut THU out all together other wise you will be working our forarms why to much also. U could do grip on WED and BI's on FRI.

5. Chuck: This is the 5-day split that I really like.
    Sunday: Chest/biceps
    Monday: Quads (squats, leg press, hacks, calves)
    Wed: Hams (SLDL, Hamstring curls)
    Thurs: Shoulders/triceps
    Friday: Back/core

I know it has some odd groupings, but I think I've posted somewhere else about this... I'll answer any questions/attacks

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

6. Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it.
    Now here's the exact routine now:

MON- Abs/Back/Calves

Cruches: 3 sets

Dumbbell Rows: 3x10

Figure-4 Crunches: 3 sets (per side)

Wide Chins: 3x8

Calf Press: 6x20

Cable Rows: 3x8

TUE- Chest/Grip

Dumbbell Bench: 3x6

Ivanko Super Gripper: 3x12 (per arm)

Incline Dumbbell Bench: 3x6

Pinching 25 lb plates: 3 sets til failure

Seated Chest Press: 3x8

Wrist Roller: 3 sets

WED- Calves/Legs

Squat: 3x12 (I love those 12 reppers!)
    Calf Press: 3x20
    Leg Press: 3x15

Calf Press: 3x20

Leg Extension: 3x15

Leg Curls: 2x12

THU- Biceps/triceps/forearms

Dumbbell Wrist Curls: 3x10

Barbell Curls: 3x8

Lying Tricep Extensions: 3x10

Seated Hammer Curls: 3x8

Weighted Dips: 3x8

21 Curls: 3x21

Tricep Pushdowns: 3x8

Wrist Roller: 3 sets

FRI- Abs/Shoulders

Lateral Raises: 4x8

Crunches: 3 sets

Seated Dumbbell Presses: 4x6-8

Figure-4 Crunches: 3 sets (per side)

Shrugs: 3x10

7. is this chuckatiane from syntrax?

8. Quote Originally Posted by wojo
    is this chuckatiane from syntrax?
    You bet it is!
    Nice to see ya here wojo.

9. Personally I prefer a variation of the push/pull/leg three day split. Then again I'm a HIT junkie.

10. Chuck,

I saw in another thread where you're talking about competing in a powerlifting competition. How about retooling your routine over to Westside or another powerlifting program?

~Todd
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please help with my routine/cardio layout.
    By OmarJackson in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 04:18 PM
  2. Critique my routine:
    By JBlaze in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 04:10 AM
  3. Please critique my routine
    By savagery in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 07:42 PM
  4. need help with my routine