- 02-09-2004, 05:14 PM
- 02-10-2004, 07:25 AM
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
I don't play football, but I did them for a while after I had shoulder surgery and couldn't hold the bar on my back for a free squat. I thought they worked great. I was only holding one dumbell in my right hand, but it was still effective.
- 02-10-2004, 09:54 AM
This summer I will be serving as the strength coach for the baseball and football teams at my old high school. I plan on including these in the workouts for both football and baseball players. I also did these a lot in high school and they seemed to help with my overall athleticism.
02-23-2004, 09:39 AM
02-24-2004, 05:44 PM
I use step ups to bring up my weak leg.
I just stack some cinder blocks and viola! I am past parallel.
You can do them with dumbells which provide a deadlift effect, or you can use a barbell and go heavy.
The hard part is keeping the form the same throughout the set. Eventually you end up bouncing on the other leg for assistance , which may or may not be a bad thing.
I think they work great.
Similar Forum Threads
- By SamBoz19 in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 117Last Post: 07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
- By jomi822 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 15Last Post: 08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
- By charger in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 05-14-2005, 10:17 PM
- By dingling in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 02-28-2004, 09:36 AM