Very upper chest area

Punisher63e

Awards
Any suggestions on how to build the very top part of my chest, around my collar bone/neck? It doesn't look right with my trap size :(

fisher300

Awards
wide grip incline press?? try it, but i have a hard time in this area too =[

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I 2nd wide grip incline press. Also, bring the bar down high on your chest - right about your collar bone.

Punisher63e

Awards
That is about what I was figuring... Any other work outs to isolate this area?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
That is about what I was figuring... Any other work outs to isolate this area?
Incline presses and flies are about all I can think of. You could try different loading methods... rest/pause, TUT, negatives, etc.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i found a great way to work it but it is hard to explain but i will try.

this is at the end of the workout

i incline the bench more than usual by a peg or so. ( i usually do 25 degree incline, but i am talking about USUAL since most do 45 go a little more incline)

incline the seat up aswell to really sit you in there. now lay down on the bench and put your shoulders back and down, and i mean BAAAACCK and your sternum high as can be so your chin gets sucked in.

now with the DB bring them back until your arm naturally stops going back so they are pinned there. bring them wide and down and stretch stretch stretch . if you got it right you will feel right under your collarbone stretching then push up about 1/4 of the way up and back down, over and over....

awesome results for me and some others

but try it and see if you like it everyone is different

jim623

i found a great way to work it but it is hard to explain but i will try.

this is at the end of the workout

i incline the bench more than usual by a peg or so. ( i usually do 25 degree incline, but i am talking about USUAL since most do 45 go a little more incline)

incline the seat up aswell to really sit you in there. now lay down on the bench and put your shoulders back and down, and i mean BAAAACCK and your sternum high as can be so your chin gets sucked in.

now with the DB bring them back until your arm naturally stops going back so they are pinned there. bring them wide and down and stretch stretch stretch . if you got it right you will feel right under your collarbone stretching then push up about 1/4 of the way up and back down, over and over....

awesome results for me and some others

but try it and see if you like it everyone is different
Is the motion in the same manner of a DB fly or like a DB pullover? Arms out to side or overhead then rotate out to side? I want to try this, just want to do it right.

Punisher63e

Awards
Is the motion in the same manner of a DB fly or like a DB pullover? Arms out to side or overhead then rotate out to side? I want to try this, just want to do it right.
Kinda hard to picture it... Sounds good though.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Low cable flys.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_5eDyaVIU"]YouTube - aleksfowler.co.uk cable crossover low pulley[/ame]

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
the actual motion when in position is that of a dumbell press. as i come down i rotate my wrists facing each other at the bottom of the movement. that way the hands sink even lower past the chest and really stretch that area. then push back up like a press rotate wrist to normal. but only do the bottom 1/4-1/3 of the press motion to keep the stress on that area.

how wide you go depends on your body, when you hit the motion right you will feel that area tremendously.

so note this is NOT a fly movement

jbishop

jbishop

Awards
I personally alternate Incline BB close-grip, normal, and wide making sure u use full range of motion coming down as Punisher said right on the top of ur chest where ur Collar bones start to meet and back up to top squeezing ur flexing ur chest in that spot.. If you have an adjustable bench adjust the bench inbetween Military and incline or a Super incline bench, u can use that with the Smith Machine making sure the bar comes down at the Collar bones almost touching ur chin again.. Incline Pullovers work well also.