Sprints

jbear09

Awards
i never noticed how much sprinting helps out your entire body. i've been jogging 3 miles a day for the last week and then two days ago a friend of mine wanted to go running together and we ran about 2 miles but we would sprint every other 100 yards. Not only are my legs sore but my abs, back and butt is sore. I've yet to get really sore from jogging but sprints did the trick. Just wanted to share that :wave2:

JDK5386

i never noticed how much sprinting helps out your entire body. i've been jogging 3 miles a day for the last week and then two days ago a friend of mine wanted to go running together and we ran about 2 miles but we would sprint every other 100 yards. Not only are my legs sore but my abs, back and butt is sore. I've yet to get really sore from jogging but sprints did the trick. Just wanted to share that :wave2:
I started HIIT - which is what you did - a month ago. Its fantastic: you get a great workout in in about 30 minutes stretch to finish, it allegedly burns more fat than hour-long cardio sessions, it works the legs, I sweat for an hour after I'm done, and it seems to release anabolic hormones.

Its also a challenge to see how hard you can push yourself, not a challenge to see how long you can stand the boredom of working out as LISS is.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I started sprinting last year. Love it.

I grabbed up a set of field cones and researched various sprint/agility drills. That helps mix it up a bit and is actually pretty fun trying to beat your time doing different drills. Helps a ton on lateral movement and direction changes, which I had lost a lot of since I quit playing organized sports back in 2000.

My next step is to pick up a 'chute. I've been contemplating getting/making a sled, also.