Recomp training routines?

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Im going to do a recomp cycle in about a couple of months. Could any one please tell me a good training routine for a recomposition cycle? I was thinking on doing like 4 days of cardio and 3 days of weight lifting. But am afraid to loose my muscle mass. Should I taper down the cardio? Any advice?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What is your current routine like, what are your goals specifically? Generally, you lift heavy to build up muscle, so you should still lift fairly heavy to keep it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recomping is 100% about diet. It's about finding that subtle line that provides enough kcals to gain LBM, yet tricks the body into burning off some BF.

Recomping is more like mild bulking. The training is like it is while bulking, but you still do cardio like cutting. I usually only have a 200-300 kcal surplus while recomping.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Recomping is 100% about diet. It's about finding that subtle line that provides enough kcals to gain LBM, yet tricks the body into burning off some BF.

Recomping is more like mild bulking. The training is like it is while bulking, but you still do cardio like cutting. I usually only have a 200-300 kcal surplus while recomping.
Sup Rodja! Wouldnt alot of cardio be bad for my muscles? I dont want to burn away muslce's too you know! How do you feel about this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup Rodja! Wouldnt alot of cardio be bad for my muscles? I dont want to burn away muslce's too you know! How do you feel about this?
With adequate calories, you won't lose muscle. I usually run 15-20 miles a week along with lifting and MMA and don't lose LBM. It's all about your diet!!

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
What is your current routine like, what are your goals specifically? Generally, you lift heavy to build up muscle, so you should still lift fairly heavy to keep it.

M-Chest/ Back
T- Rest
W- Abbs/ Legs
T- Rest
F-Arms/ Shoulders

I do mostly a heavy weight low rep routine for all my muslces. I ussually do the 5x5 routine. For instance on Mon. Out of the three chest excersises I will do two of them 5x5. And the last excersise would be just 3 sets ( this appllies to all my work outs) Sometimes I even do drop sets and lift the heaviest weight I could possible while maintaining good form for five reps. Then rest 50 secs and do it again with the same weight. Then around the third set I drop about 20 lbs in almost all my excersises. And depending if I feel worn out or not I will continue to drop weitght on sets 4 and 5. I also noticed for my arms ( Bi's / Tri's ) I like to do a low/high rep workout were I do my 5x5 routine for the firtst two excersises. And for the last excersise I like to do lighter weight high reps. Like for bi's I discovered that the preacher curl is the best excersise for Bi's. So I like to do 5x5 on the preacher curl. With heavy weight. And then I will do pull ups some days or standing curls, etc. And for the last excersise I will do the low weight high rep thing. Ussually I will do the 21 bicep curl excersise. Where you start of the curl and only go half way up. Do that 7 times. Then for the next 7 reps you keep your arm vertical palms facing the roof and you lift the bar up to your chin. Then for the last 7 reps you do a full curl extending all the way down and up. You guys should try this!

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
With adequate calories, you won't lose muscle. I usually run 15-20 miles a week along with lifting and MMA and don't lose LBM. It's all about your diet!!
Cool Im a MMA fighter to I practice alot in the dojo. But I dont run that much do to the fact I was paranoid on loosing muscle. Weel anyho I just started this whole recomp thing. I just got of a cycle about 1 week ago. And want to just lean out with out loosing muscle. I will keep that in mind Rodja. Btw what stlye martial arts do you practice? I earned my; black belt in Shoryn-Ryu style Karate at the age of 13. Boxed almost all my life. And learned some Kunfu, Muay Thai, Grappling. Tai-Chi and Kuntao techniques all along the way.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool Im a MMA fighter to I practice alot in the dojo. But I dont run that much do to the fact I was paranoid on loosing muscle. Weel anyho I just started this whole recomp thing. I just got of a cycle about 1 week ago. And want to just lean out with out loosing muscle. I will keep that in mind Rodja. Btw what stlye martial arts do you practice? I earned my; black belt in Shoryn-Ryu style Karate at the age of 13. Boxed almost all my life. And learned some Kunfu, Muay Thai, Grappling. Tai-Chi and Kuntao techniques all along the way.
BJJ/Wrestling is my base with Western and Thai Boxing. There's a reason that every champion fighter runs...

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
You could try a DC inspired 3-day workout. Thats what I am doing now and it gives me plenty of time for recovery and cardio on off days (monday, wed., Fri routine). MMA here as well,... and workout schedule opens up tues, thurs, and sat. for cardio and boxing/kickboxing. Plus I have found DC really leaned me out big time before reinstating cardio, compared to my old 5 day traditional program. Hope this helps bro.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
You could try a DC inspired 3-day workout. Thats what I am doing now and it gives me plenty of time for recovery and cardio on off days (monday, wed., Fri routine). MMA here as well,... and workout schedule opens up tues, thurs, and sat. for cardio and boxing/kickboxing. Plus I have found DC really leaned me out big time before reinstating cardio, compared to my old 5 day traditional program. Hope this helps bro.

Whats DC training? Can you explain a little please? Was curious.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I heard about it from others and was directed to this site:

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

Also there are MANY threads on here about it. I think the official forum for it is intensemuscle.com.

Essentially it is about doing very small but intense workouts, using a rotation of exercises, forced stretches, 20 rep work sets using rest -pausing, and of course logging your #'s.

Its heard to explain it w/o writing a 2 page summary lol, but definitely visit that site, or search for the DC threads on here if interested.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
I heard about it from others and was directed to this site:

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

Also there are MANY threads on here about it. I think the official forum for it is intensemuscle.com.

Essentially it is about doing very small but intense workouts, using a rotation of exercises, forced stretches, 20 rep work sets using rest -pausing, and of course logging your #'s.

Its heard to explain it w/o writing a 2 page summary lol, but definitely visit that site, or search for the DC threads on here if interested.
Oh yeah I have read about DoggCraPPs stuff right now. It sounds like an awesome workout. Im going to try it. Thanks alot man

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah I have read about DoggCraPPs stuff right now. It sounds like an awesome workout. Im going to try it. Thanks alot man
No prob bro. Alot of the stuff makes since, and works wonders. Every once in a while ill change it up a little, but its still DC inspired. Also The 3 day routine has really helped me alot. The recovery is fantastic and makes me wish I didn't do a 5 day routine for all those years.