Knee Pain

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.07%

Knee Pain

I play football in the fall and lift year round and since about 3/4 of the way through my season i have had a sharp pain in my right knee...this pain only comes now and then while doing a drill or a lift...it almost feels like the knee is going to give out..when i lift heavy weight on squat it hurts on the bend and it is really bad on leg extentions..I really dont want to get it checked out any idea what it is??

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

There's really no sense in us guessing at what it might be, get it checked out by a doctor for a proper assessment.

It could be many things, tendon inflammation, cartilidge damage, etc. etc. etc. What possible reason could you have for not wanting to have it checked out?
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.07%

scared...

I dont want to get it checked because i really really dont want them to find something wrong with it. Only bad things can happen from getting it checked..its a huge setback if i gotta get it cut u know?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    I dont want to get it checked because i really really dont want them to find something wrong with it. Only bad things can happen from getting it checked..its a huge setback if i gotta get it cut u know?
    This whole thread makes no sense what so ever, why bother asking for advise if your not smart enough to use it. Im pissed i even read it right now.

5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude
    This whole thread makes no sense what so ever, why bother asking for advise if your not smart enough to use it. Im pissed i even read it right now.

I have to agree with you about 1000%. If I had pain in my knees or anywhere on my body for that matter, I don't think I would try for a diagnosis over the internet.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.07%

What i am saying it that it is a pain i can deal with and if i go to get it checked and something is torn then ill have to get it fixed but if i leave it alone and it does not get worce then i can deal with it. What im asking is if anyone has had a similar pain in there knee from squats and leg ext?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.5%

I had SHARP knee pains when doing heavy leg extensions, I dropped them and then dropped the pain. still doing descently heavy squats and loading the hip sled.
    Occaisionally I get a phantom pain of the same sort when i get out of form in a squat
    because my back is fatigued and the weight shifts to my toes.

oh and as far as the getting cut, the buddy that inspired me to start lifting tore his ACL and had arthroscopic surgery. he was squatting 85% in less than 3 weeks.

I doubt that is your problem, I had a case of bursitus because of my hams were way to tight and it actually re-aligned my foot so i was putting undue pressure on one side of my inner knee, inflaming the outer bursa pad.
    so the therapist gave me some streches and exercises to do ,it was fixed in 2 weeks.
    there are people out there that understand joint mechanics way better than ordinary people, that is what they do. if your knee is damaged find out if it is. It wont "just go away especially with th epoundages your doing in your squats, "(475 x 10)"
    oh and i would drop the leg ext.
    i hope everything works out for you.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.43%

I could be many different things. You need to get it checked out. You'll be kicking your self for not getting it check out now if it gets worse and you can't play football next season. My right knee ached all the time a few years ago. I didn't train legs for a long time. I finally went to the doctor. Who referred me to a physical therapist. Any way I didn't need surgery and for the most part it's fine now. The only thing that seems to bother it now are machine exercises for some reason.
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.43%

It could be many different things. You need to get it checked out. You'll be kicking your self for not getting it check out now if it gets worse and you can't play football next season. My right knee ached all the time a few years ago. I didn't train legs for a long time. I finally went to the doctor. Who referred me to a physical therapist. Any way I didn't need surgery and for the most part it's fine now. The only thing that seems to bother it now are machine exercises for some reason.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.43%

Also try to go to a doctor who specializes with sports. Allot of them have the attitude of why do you want to squat 400lbs.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.07%

Hey thanks for the info guys.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

I had a terrible knee injury almost a year ago, and had surgery. broke my knee cap, tore several ligaments and my lateral meniscus. let me tell you, its the worst thing thats happened to me so far. It ruins a LOT. you cant walk for weeks, and I still can't squat with weight. My leg lost 2 inches of mass.. maybe gained 1 back but it still looks skinny. Do yourself a favor, GET IT CHECKED OUT. Since you still lift, it's probably not too serious yet. Did you hear a pop when you injured it, swelling? Those are signs of torn ligaments.. just go to the damn doc and thank me later
  13. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude

Perhaps if you ever played a sport at a very high level you'd understand what he was talking about.

I agree, he should go see a doctor but your response only shows your ignorance of his mind set.

Way to add to the thread!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    I play football in the fall and lift year round and since about 3/4 of the way through my season i have had a sharp pain in my right knee...this pain only comes now and then while doing a drill or a lift...it almost feels like the knee is going to give out..when i lift heavy weight on squat it hurts on the bend and it is really bad on leg extentions..I really dont want to get it checked out any idea what it is??
    I recommend you see an orthopod and have it checked out. Many times the doc can diagnose the problem just by the symptoms. Where is the pain most severe? Outside of the knee? Inside the knee? Is there any swelling? Any lateral stability problems? Has it locked up on you? Just a few of the things that an orthopod will ask you. In many cases, an injury can be treated without surgery. Ice, rest, and Nsaids, sometimes is all you need. In some cases, a shot of cortisone will fix you up fast. One of the three truths that I have learned in 46 years, is that it is better to know than not to know. Go see the doc.
    Last edited by Rokdog; 02-10-2004 at 06:22 PM.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help w/ mom's knee pain
    By dsl in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
  2. Knee pain
    By machinehead23 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 10:30 PM
  3. Knee pain
    By wranglergirl in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15