Legs and ass are getting BIGGGG ha

rccratch

Awards
So this is a really random and weird question: be prepared

Anyways quick questions about legs. I have been going heavy legs last 5 to 6 months. And my legs have put on a lot of mass, espically my butt ha. So i am having trouble fitting into my shorts and stuff. Is there anything i can do to reduce my leg size, espically butt. Should i just do reps for squats and legs press of 12+ reps. ???? I know this is a ridiculous question, but just wondering. My mom even pointed outa few weeks ago my ass was getting big

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Change your routine / diet.

rccratch

Awards
hahah thanks for the indepth response. My diet is pretty clean and so forth and as way of routine i posted i was going to do more reps, like 12 or more

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
hahah thanks for the indepth response. My diet is pretty clean and so forth and as way of routine i posted i was going to do more reps, like 12 or more
It's hard to suggest what to change when I know nothing about your current routine / diet / total outcome goals,objectives / etc..

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
simple take a few weeks off from training legs then start back up training with a higher rep range and lighter weight.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
simple take a few weeks off from training legs then start back up training with a higher rep range and lighter weight.
Not quite. You have to take into account his macro %'s, his current routine, general fiber composition, 'higher' rep range could induce muscular hypertrophy as well.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Maybe ditch the squats for a while, and do strictly quad exercises to maintain quad size, but that don't stimulate the ol' glutes. The important question is have you put on proportional size everywhere else? If so, then you need some mass back there to support the mass everywhere else. If everything is bigger, then so what. What is your goal right now?

Just buy bigger shorts and pants.

rccratch

Awards
Maybe ditch the squats for a while, and do strictly quad exercises to maintain quad size, but that don't stimulate the ol' glutes. The important question is have you put on proportional size everywhere else? If so, then you need some mass back there to support the mass everywhere else. If everything is bigger, then so what. What is your goal right now?

Just buy bigger shorts and pants.
i just have real big legs in general. I am 240, and left for power so i do low reps. SO i think i am going to change it up and still do squasts and leg presses but do 20 to 15 reps for them. My legs are proprotaional all around, just look pretty big in khaki shorts and stuff

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been there. my bodyfat levels are lower low and I still have trouble fitting into some pants so i wear shorts a lot.

Once I got my bodyfat down in the lower levels things started fitting better. I can bet your over 15 % body fat and youll be surprised how much fat your ass(and legs) can store. i suggest losing weight. got a picture?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established

Anyways quick questions about legs. I have been going heavy legs last 5 to 6 months. And my legs have put on a lot of mass, espically my butt ha. So i am having trouble fitting into my shorts and stuff. Is there anything i can do to reduce my leg size, espically butt. Should i just do reps for squats and legs press of 12+ reps. ???? I know this is a ridiculous question, but just wondering. My mom even pointed outa few weeks ago my ass was getting big
I sort of have/had a similar problem. Been squatting 3 times a week for years, its very hard for me to find pants that fit. Way to loose on my waist and very tight at my quads. Anyways form helps. Front squats with stance as narrow as possible, with normal squats with wider stance my legs grow too thick at inconvenient places. Also concentrating on explosiveness in stead of moving slowly tightens things up. For me anyways ;) I can buy jeans in the store again, sometimes ;)

rccratch

Awards
Ive been there. my bodyfat levels are lower low and I still have trouble fitting into some pants so i wear shorts a lot.

Once I got my bodyfat down in the lower levels things started fitting better. I can bet your over 15 % body fat and youll be surprised how much fat your ass(and legs) can store. i suggest losing weight. got a picture?
Yea i am probably around 15 percent, i still have abs. But i dunno my legs are vascular, just big and powerful....here is a pic of my body.

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/127437-first-havoc-cycle.html

This is a log i am currently running.....

kinda offended u think i have fat on my legs,,,,not gonna lie

rccratch

Awards
I sort of have/had a similar problem. Been squatting 3 times a week for years, its very hard for me to find pants that fit. Way to loose on my waist and very tight at my quads. Anyways form helps. Front squats with stance as narrow as possible, with normal squats with wider stance my legs grow too thick at inconvenient places. Also concentrating on explosiveness in stead of moving slowly tightens things up. For me anyways ;) I can buy jeans in the store again, sometimes ;)
Yea, for now i am going to do high rep explosive leg movement, with supersets and stuff. I swear, fashion these days is ridiculous, u cant find loose fit pants anywhere....damn emos ha

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont take things so personally man you asked a question and I gave answers

why do you think i asked for a picture

I have hada fat butt due to too high bodyfat before...and in your case looking at the pictures its really not the problem as your decently lean. My legs and butt are still larger than most and have trouble fitting into jeans. I have twenty pairs and only wear usually one pair that fits me well.

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established

what have u done the past months to get ur legs to grow so much. i would love to have ur problem!! mine wont grow.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
what have u done the past months to get ur legs to grow so much. i would love to have ur problem!! mine wont grow.
Have you tried squatting 3 times a week and eat a lot? Mine grew way the fk out of proportion on a simple bill starr 5x5 program and eating 5K cals a day (thats over twice my maintenance), didnt even gain that much fat either btw, funny..

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
im about to start doing legs twice a week. one heavy day and the other 20-squat program. i read 20 squats helps with growth

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
im about to start doing legs twice a week. one heavy day and the other 20-squat program. i read 20 squats helps with growth

I still havent ran that 20 rep routine yet, I need to give it a go.

I got my legs to grow going all the way to the ground, pausing and driving out as well as doing slow low weight eccentrics, statics, tempo variations and stance variations, oh yeah and high volume sets..........1 hour squat sessions......

basically just punishing them for the last 4+ years.

Not alot of weight, but a truckload of effort!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my legs to be big enough, that they stand out from my upper body....... on with my quest!

I didnt catch a picture of the OP's legs in the other thread?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried squatting 3 times a week and eat a lot? Mine grew way the fk out of proportion on a simple bill starr 5x5 program and eating 5K cals a day (thats over twice my maintenance), didnt even gain that much fat either btw, funny..
yeah, i ran that starting strength program twice in the last 4+ years.

I got back and leg growth from that program.

Can run that in the summer, I did it in the winter and early spring........

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
well how about we trade since my GF says I have no butt

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
if your legs and glutes are getting big with muscle and you say your BF is low why the hell are you complaining?

i had a guy ask me to help him train but he wanted to wear his skinny jeans so his legs couldn't get bigger -- i gave the loudest laugh

seriously you do a havoc cycle, train hard, do heavy squats then complain when the muscles you are working get big!?!?! you want just quads stick to poor form leg press and some hack squats

over one month picking up things off the floor i ripped at the side of my quads 3 pairs of diesel jeans. thats the way it goes my man

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
You are obviously squatting correctly, activating your posterior chain. As mentioned above, you should be happy, but if you are not, try blocking under your heels, this will remove some of the pressure from your glutes when you squat, and transfer more to your quads. When my arse gets thicker, im doing something right.