Can I still work out with a bruise?

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
Was practicing some MMA with my friend the other day and he got a good enough blow to my arm to leave a significant sized bruise. It's been almost 2 weeks that I've been out of the gym because of it (still doing cardio though) becuase it covers half my bicep. It has healed for the most part but still a little purple in some areas. My pecs are looking deflated, my vascularity is gone, and my definition is fading (only from being almost 2 weeks out of the gym) and I'm getting frustrated waiting for this bruise to go away. Should I be safe to get back into the gym now?

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I do it all the time. I got lots of bruises from fighting this weekend... like when someone tried to rip out my adam's apple. Little Cheater. Just try not to do bi's to the blood doesn't hit the bruise and make it worse. but i would do legs, back and abs.

Just my thoughts

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
Dont be a baby tough it out..
Theres other body parts besides bi's....

bigdognhb

Awards
Why did you stop lifting in the first place? Did you stop training MMA? If it was deep and a bone bruse I could see laying off it for a couple days. If its still bothering you that bad 2 weeks later Im thinking its not just a bruse

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why did you stop lifting in the first place? Did you stop training MMA? If it was deep and a bone bruse I could see laying off it for a couple days. If its still bothering you that bad 2 weeks later Im thinking its not just a bruse
thats what I was thinking. bruised for 2 weeks? i havent had a bruise go over a week before.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A normal, surface bruise should not impact your lifting. Like others are saying, if it is hurting you that much, go to the doctor.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
I did go to the doctor, after the first week, and he said it was normal for an impact trauma bruise to take a while to heal because it was a hard blow, but if it didn't show improvements in a week to get blood work done.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
is this a serious question.....