shoulder problem

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
After finally noticing why my shoulder was fucked up, now I feel like an idiot. I have had like 3 cortisone shots in my left shoulder thinking it was tendonitis or some type of moderate rotator cuff problem, but it's because of my left wrist. When I broke my wrist some 10 years ago it wasn't set properly and therefore isn't straight (It's not comfortable for me to hold my left palm flat). I always wondered why when I did heavy barbell curls that my shoulder basically hurt so bad I couldn't pick up a cup to fill it. On bench, it's the same, whenever I place my left palm flat my left shoulder is put in an akward position when it comes to bigger weights, which really limits the amount of volume I can have in my sets. And it's only getting worse. Any suggestions as to what I should do, If I get surgery that means a re-break of my wrist and alot of down-time, which would really suck ass. Any suggestions? My friends almost want to stop inviting me to lift with them because all I do is bitch about my faggot fucking shitty shoulder that ruins every upper-body set I do.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Try going to a Rolfer or deep tissue masseuse. My shoulder is pretty screwed due to an old injury but the tissue realignment helps a lot. Its a frickin painful massage, make no mistake but it will help realign the muscles and ligaments so that you have a more proper kinesiology/range of motion going on.

I just has a session a few hours ago and am sitting here in throbbing pain. After a few days my shoulder, neck and arm should regain their normal range of motion. Like I said, its a painful experience but it is worth it.

Experiment with some yoga as well. A good Yogi will have you stretching muscles that you never knew existed.

Good luck.

pegasus

Awards
After finally noticing why my shoulder was fucked up, now I feel like an idiot. I have had like 3 cortisone shots in my left shoulder thinking it was tendonitis or some type of moderate rotator cuff problem, but it's because of my left wrist. When I broke my wrist some 10 years ago it wasn't set properly and therefore isn't straight (It's not comfortable for me to hold my left palm flat). I always wondered why when I did heavy barbell curls that my shoulder basically hurt so bad I couldn't pick up a cup to fill it. On bench, it's the same, whenever I place my left palm flat my left shoulder is put in an akward position when it comes to bigger weights, which really limits the amount of volume I can have in my sets. And it's only getting worse. Any suggestions as to what I should do, If I get surgery that means a re-break of my wrist and alot of down-time, which would really suck ass. Any suggestions? My friends almost want to stop inviting me to lift with them because all I do is bitch about my faggot fucking shitty shoulder that ruins every upper-body set I do.
It'll be worse though if you don't have surgery.