being bowlegged...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
does being bowlegged put you at higher chance for knee injury? my knees are always giving me **** and they pop pretty much any time i leave them sitting still then move them. since running more they have been getting worse. is there anything i can do?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear that bro. Being bow legged will likely increase risk of injury unless your careful IMO. You can add in some fish oil, and a good join support supplement that has glucosamine chondroitin, and MSM. That is usually the standard line up for joints.

I know I used to walk pigeon toed growing up. (feet pointed inwards), and I had to train myself not to. Now when I run though because my ankles have a 180 degree range of motion, it increases risk of injury. I mean I got achilles tendonitis in both legs last year because of it.

Just listen to your body, if it says you need a break, listen to it. How bad is your legs in a sens of how bowed they are. Just a slight bit?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I just got my friend to show me his knees and we compared in the mirror... its a pretty decent degree of bow. Ill try to take a picture later. id say when my ankles are together i can fit a few fingers between my knees. i take about 6-8g fish oil a day as well as i just started taking animal flex. my main concern is that when i put my hand over my knee cap and bend my knee it feels like my knees are worn down (feels very rough). is there anything that will help along with animal flex? like i know cissus is supposed to help with inflamation but will it actually help to regrow some of the cartilage?
-thanks

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Interesting post. I've always been a bit bowlegged too. Just checked - ankles together, three fingers between knees. I don't know if it's caused problems, but my knees do give me problems sometimes. I've found that foot placement and specifically angle are a bit different than what is usually suggested - toes not pointing out quite as much has helped a bit. I don't know for sure, but figured I'd chime in.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
thats about exactly the same as me. do your knees pop obnoxiously every time u bend them and give u aches? its nice to know theres others out there like me!

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
I wouldn't say everytime, but I get a lot of ligament noise, and joint pops occasionally when twisting. Usually feels better after I pop them with a twist - takes away the aches for a bit.
My comments above were geared toward squatting, if I wasn't clear. Good warmup too. I don't think about it much - my neck gives me more problems than the knees. Back has been aching lately - ah the joys of getting older...

thats about exactly the same as me. do your knees pop obnoxiously every time u bend them and give u aches? its nice to know theres others out there like me!