bicep/tricep supersets

browns1234

Awards
what are some good exercises to mix together to get that good pump at the end of a workout...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
for bi's, i like dropsets while supersetting hammer curls and pinwheel curls. for tri's i just beat them down.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Recently I've been doing seated over head cable skull crushers, with an incline on the bench. I'll do drop sets to a point. Then rest, then take a light weight and just go until failure, sometimes I'll hit a 50 count or so, and they're screamin at that point. Sometimes after that I'll grab an ez curl bar, something fairly light, and just kill a ton of standing overhead tri raises. Keep in mind this is after a grueling chest work out, 6-8 organized sets of skull crusher, and 5 sets of dips. If that doesn't get me pumped I'll check my blood pressure cuz I must be dead.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you're still watching this thread, but I'm a fan of close-grip barbell curls w/ close-grip overhead extensions, then wide-grip barbell curls w/ wide-grip overhead extensions.

columbo200

Awards
drop sets are the way to go for both... for triceps i drop set on the cable machine changing the grip each time i go down in weight...been working great

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
drop sets... on both... u gotta push out those extra reps each time though

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
for bi's, i like dropsets while supersetting hammer curls and pinwheel curls. for tri's i just beat them down.
Sun--
Tried this tonight--all I can say is WOW. I'm fairly certain that my forearms were close to bursting!
Good call!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I like to close out with some pre-exhaustion for nasty pumps - cable curls to cable rows for biceps and pushdowns to chest press or close-grip bench for tris.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Close grip bench for me. Then DB curls, "and forget the term" but useing a DB take it from the back of your head and lift up and out.

JP.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are some good exercises to mix together to get that good pump at the end of a workout...
You can superset (even triset) triceps-biceps, triceps-triceps, and biceps-biceps. I personally always superset my Arms exercises.

A few examples of supersets (I usually do 16-18 supersets per Arms' session):

Superset A -
1. Weighted Dips
2. Close-Grip Pull-Ups (done to target biceps)
Superset B -
3. Close-Grip BB Bench Press
4. Close-Grp BB Bicep Curl
Superset C -
5. DB French Press
6. Incline DB Bicep Curl
Superset D -
7. Tricep Push-Down
8. Cable Bicep Curl
Superset E -
9. Overhead Cable Rope Tricep Extension
10. DB Hammer Curls

I get a pump right from Superset A (since I always start an Arms' session off with 4-6 . sets of these). Finish off with a couple of higher repped sets of Superset E, and the pump is strong as.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
anyone else feel they burn out to quick supersetting? i consider supersetting when you dont break inbetween sets and that kills me now if i go 3 x 8 close grip bench to 3 x 8 curls back to a tricep movement that works well but with no rest im like dead.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone else feel they burn out to quick supersetting? i consider supersetting when you dont break inbetween sets and that kills me now if i go 3 x 8 close grip bench to 3 x 8 curls back to a tricep movement that works well but with no rest im like dead.
Nope. I love supersets and trisets, and do most of my sessions (not just arms) with them, using a maximum of 1 minute's recovery between supersets/trisets; it makes my training that more intense (and far more enjoyable).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alex32595 Training Forum 9
Workout Logs 1
Training Forum 18
Training Forum 6
JuveCalcio Training Forum 10