bicep vain comparison

underdog13

Awards
the vain on my left bicep is prominent after exercise while the one on my right is not usually even when doing isolated bicep movement. im left handed if this makes any difference. why is this?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Growing up using your left hand dominantly your bloodflow would have always been higher on your left arm. Over the years your veins would have grown. The same happened with my right arm. There are a lot more veins popping out in my right arm but its about the same size as my left. Bigger thicker vein s on my right, but I can still see some on my left, just smaller.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
i've noticed the same. i'm rihgt handed and my right forearm vascularity is better. however, my left bice is better than my dominant side. why?

well, since i'm right handed I have more dexterity and mind/muscle connection with the forearm and especially the hand (obviously I write with it). so I noticed when I curl I use a lot of right forearm and curling of my fingers. on the left hand, since it's my non dominant hand, i realized I use more bicep since my mind is not in the hand or the forearm. the result is far better non-dominant arm bicep, but more vascularity on the dominant arm forearm... weird

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I gotta agree, Im right handed its more vascular /smaller
my left arm isnt as vascular but can easily lift 4+ more reps then my dominant hand.

crazy stuff

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It's believe its due to the blood being pumped from the left ventricle into the aorta which is on the left side of the body, arterial blood pressure is very high here which then the blood travels to the brachial artery with high pressure.

Perhaps this is why heart attacks are felt in the left arm first?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
It's believe its due to the blood being pumped from the left ventricle into the aorta which is on the left side of the body, arterial blood pressure is very high here which then the blood travels to the brachial artery with high pressure.

Perhaps this is why heart attacks are felt in the left arm first?
Referred pain, perhaps?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Wow I didn't think about that. My left arm is stronger now, but it wasn't like that till I started liftng. Heh

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920