Squats - all the way down!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Check out Squat RX. There's 26 videos in this playlist to help your squat out!

YouTube - Squat Rx #1

2. UKStrength

Good site that mate ^^^ I watched all the videos a while ago and it improved my squat technique dramatically.
    •   

3. I'm 6'2" and all legs! I'm now on my second week of doing them since starting this thread. Last week was rough! I'm doing the strong lifts 5X5 routine where you squat 3 times per week. On Wednesday of last week I wasn't able to even look at a squat rack so I just substituted some leg presses. Friday I did the full 5X5 again with the full squats and felt better.

Yesterday I increased the weight by 20 pounds and was able to hammer through them, but I'm definitely feeling it today.

Someone on here mentioned that there is no hypertrophy benefit to full squats? Why do programs like strong lifts and Ripptoe recommend them?

4. Quote Originally Posted by paradigmer View Post
    I'm 6'2" and all legs! I'm now on my second week of doing them since starting this thread. Last week was rough! I'm doing the strong lifts 5X5 routine where you squat 3 times per week. On Wednesday of last week I wasn't able to even look at a squat rack so I just substituted some leg presses. Friday I did the full 5X5 again with the full squats and felt better.

Yesterday I increased the weight by 20 pounds and was able to hammer through them, but I'm definitely feeling it today.

Someone on here mentioned that there is no hypertrophy benefit to full squats? Why do programs like strong lifts and Ripptoe recommend them?

im gonna have to disagree with that. I believe form and tempo matter the most, then ROM. The further down the better.

5. I cant do full squats, I think it's just my physiology. When I go deep my back rounds and and my heels lift. I cant stop it.....any suggestions to keep this from happening
    I had this same problem, I started training hamstrings before I squat and now I go all the way down. Huge difference, I've had people compliment me on my form recently where as before I looked like I was doing quarter squats.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    im gonna have to disagree with that. I believe form and tempo matter the most, then ROM. The further down the better.
    Although, full squats are my favorite, I also believe that a closer stance, and just below parallel deff activates hypertrophy on my quads more.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Although, full squats are my favorite, I also believe that a closer stance, and just below parallel deff activates hypertrophy on my quads more.
    I think there is a sweet spot for everyone. Finding it safely is the key.

When your in it, you know it.

During the ROM my whole leg feels it, quads, hams, glutes, calves ..........

Slower tempo is what does it for me, that and statics at parallel.........Fun stuff.

Props to anyone doing squats period.

Kudos gentlemen.
  8. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post

Kudos gentlemen.
    Squats for life mate, the 'King' of exercises in my book.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    I think there is a sweet spot for everyone. Finding it safely is the key.

When your in it, you know it.

During the ROM my whole leg feels it, quads, hams, glutes, calves ..........

Slower tempo is what does it for me, that and statics at parallel.........Fun stuff.

Kudos gentlemen.
    Thats exactly right.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dumbbell Press or Chest Press -- Do you go all the way down?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
  2. Nutra Planet is top flight all the way....
    By Garyboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 05:38 PM