Concept 2 rowing ergo

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Ive tried doing two 25 (2.75 mile on treadmill) min cardio sessions a day but its getting difficult to do. I am considering doing two 20 min concept 2 rowing ergometer sessions alternating in with the running to prevent leg pain. Do you guys have any opinions on this machine? It feels like a more intense workout than running. Anyone else use these machines alot?

mikinTx

FWIW the Crossfit crowd swears by that particular rowing machine, supposed to provide the best workout of that type compared to other brands. There a good discussion on damper settings on the Crossfit FAQ.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
FWIW the Crossfit crowd swears by that particular rowing machine, supposed to provide the best workout of that type compared to other brands. There a good discussion on damper settings on the Crossfit FAQ.
Interesting that people that swear by functional exercise use such a non functional device (in that unless you are a rower I dont see any "functional" :footinmouth:benefit) LOL but yeah it seems like a badass workout. Thanks for the tip I'm reading the crossfit damper pdf now.

Anyone know how accurate the calorie meter is?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use it all the time. I believe it's a great machine. Not sure if you were kidding about is functionality?? That's like saying running or cycling serves no functional purpose other than just running or cycling. Great cardiovascular exercise and uses compound movements incorporating the whole body.

Here is a good video of proper technique. It's kinda funny - has a stick man.

YouTube - Rowing Technique by Flip Luisi

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
I use it all the time. I believe it's a great machine. Not sure if you were kidding about is functionality?? That's like saying running or cycling serves no functional purpose other than just running or cycling. Great cardiovascular exercise and uses compound movements incorporating the whole body.

Here is a good video of proper technique. It's kinda funny - has a stick man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnKyJdA01w&feature=player_embedded
I was kidding. I have a friend who does crossfit who constantly tells me how my doing bicep curls is non-functional. I told him they were functional because it gets me laid.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was kidding. I have a friend who does crossfit who constantly tells me how my doing bicep curls is non-functional. I told him they were functional because it gets me laid.
:laugh:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking Xtend for the past 3 weeks, and since that point i have been able to do a 3 mile run with no pain in the legs the next day. That stuff has amazing recovery benefits.