dumbbells or barbells?
- 01-28-2004, 11:13 PM
- 06-17-2007, 05:50 AM
my chast day alternates DB barbell and has an incline variation each day too, personally i find DB excercises (shoulder press too) do a lot to strengthen the synergistic pressing muscles in the shoulder and give you a far stronger bench and better overall upper arm and chest development.
Hard to get into position for heavy presses tho, 100lb DB's can do a lot of damage if your shoulder gives out.
06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Flys and pullovers are what adds size to my chest much more so then presses. And I had a delt injury for some time and presses, especially incline were abosulute hell for me. But as already mentioned, I can incline press with 110 DBs... getting them up without a spotter is a workout in it's self haha. I hit a plateau some time ago and what got me past it was negatives, I LOVE negatives.
07-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Dumbells for me hands down. Full range of motion is the biggest reason. It also allows you to cheat a litte and incorporate the entire chest once youve burnt out the majore pec muslces. Barbells are far too restrictive for flat IMO but good for your incline and declne presses.
You cant favour one side also as you can sometimes do with a barbell so it makes for even gains on both sides of you body.
I like the fact that you can also just dump the weights when your done so you dont really need a spotter.
07-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By butrybench555 in forum Training ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
- By ILiftBig in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
- By The Anarchist in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 05-13-2008, 02:59 AM
- By UKhardgainer in forum BulkingReplies: 26Last Post: 02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
- By Nicolai in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 03-16-2003, 02:15 PM