D1 Athlete Off-season Workout

D1Football

Awards
I'm a high school kid, just signed a D1 scholarship for football. I have always been lifting for mass (low sets heavy weight) but now I am looking to become more athletic. I do Hang cleans/snatch and power clean/snatch but I was wondering if anybody had more or a good workout for the explosive part of the game.

I'm only looking to gain 5 lean pounds of muscle while gaining explosion, flexibility, Speed, etc.

5'11, 170 LBS

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
I'm a high school kid, just signed a D1 scholarship for football. I have always been lifting for mass (low sets heavy weight) but now I am looking to become more athletic. I do Hang cleans/snatch and power clean/snatch but I was wondering if anybody had more or a good workout for the explosive part of the game.

I'm only looking to gain 5 lean pounds of muscle while gaining explosion, flexibility, Speed, etc.

5'11, 170 LBS
Your school probably has a team of professional strength coaches with graduate degrees and years of experience in the field.
I would strongly advise asking them.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Those coaches aren't going to let you handle their investment by yourself, they'll give you the tools to be successful. Just ask. Also, congrats on the scholarship, those are few and far between my friend!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats true i didn't think of that.

when i signed my scholarship they gave me a routine and a diet and someone called me every every day to see how the body was holdin up

dukeshavenfarms

Awards
yeah thats true i didn't think of that.

when i signed my scholarship they gave me a routine and a diet and someone called me every every day to see how the body was holdin up
Exactly, call your strength coach at your new school and they will send you the workout that you will be doing there. Congrats on the scholarship, don't waste it. I remember when I got my first workout from college after I signed and I almost threw up after the first workout, needless to say I wasn't used to those types of workouts. Good Luck!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I am varsity fooball coach, and typically what happens to our kids when they sign a football scholarship is this. Usually the college (UF for instance) will mail the athlete their strength and conditioning program. It is usually a progression for 12weeks or so. The athlete just takes that book with him in the weightroom , and charts all of his lifts and times for the running portion of the program. Again, this is what our kids have typically been given.

I would suggest (like others have said), that you talk to the D1 school you have signed with and ask them for their conditioning program. If they say they dont have one, then i would seriously consider another school or program. And I say that with much conviction.

If you have any questions , shoot me a PM. I might can dig some stuff up.

good luck

5'11, 170 LBS