HST training, real, or another gimmick?

LiveForLegDay

Awards
Just wondering if anyone else, who is not a new lifter, has had any experience with this program, let alone any real results. Just was giving it some thoughts, thinking about giving it a try. What types of results are people having?

hitsquaddd

hitsquaddd

Awards
I've never done it as I'm one of those guys that stick with 5-6 reps with heavy weight. But since I've hit a plateau I've been doing 5x5's for the first time (which is working great), and I'm also gonna try out HST. One week will consist of a full body 5x5 workout, and the other week will be a body split HST workout. I'll let you know how things go if you're interested.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Seeing results with any training regiment is relevant to diet. There are lots and lots of vastly different training styles that will all yield results if done right and coupled with a proper diet.

But from what I hear, HST works if you do it right. But like I said, you have to diet correctly.

I tried it a couple years ago and I remember not really liking it. Then again I could have been doing something wrong. But it doesn't hurt to give it a try because you'll learn something from it, regardless of whether it works for you or not. My training style nowadays is a mix of a lot of things I've learned during the past few years.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I did hst for 3 weeks, my diet was pretty good, and portien intake was up to par as well. after i had not really gained much from it i decided to stop and go back to regular training. in my opinion if you do it right YES, it will work but you have to be spot on, on everything, and i mean everything
you have to find your RMs for 15 10 and 5, do not just estimate them, you will regret it. i personally lost alot of strength from doing 15 and 10 for 3 weeks, but it has come back so that is good..

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I think there are far more effective ways of training.

Such as....

The new Atkins workout!! Cut out the compounds!! :footinmouth:

Thudd

Awards
I did hst for 3 weeks
I'm sorry, but how on earth can you "do" HST for three weeks?

I'm a big fan of it. At rapidly approaching 40 I'm making better gains than at any other time, both size and strength, and I'm enjoying my workouts more while staying injury free. Never mind the fact that the theory behind the program makes sense, unlike all the other bodybuilding myths that keep hanging around like a bad smell and have been long rejected by every other sport as ineffective and unproductive.

jjblacksheep

jjblacksheep

Awards
I'm 37 and most of the way through my first HST. I did it VERY strict with the RMs and have followed the routing to a T. It's the best routing for pure size I've ever tried, and this from someone addicted to HIT for years. Hard to get used to hitting so many body parts but it does go pretty quick with the low number of sets.

krogtaar

Awards
i ended up not being able to hit the reps as the weight kept increasing. maybe if i were bulking more or juicing i would have liked it...but it ends up failing if you end up having to drop the reps so fast

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
i ended up not being able to hit the reps as the weight kept increasing. maybe if i were bulking more or juicing i would have liked it...but it ends up failing if you end up having to drop the reps so fast
Aren't you supposed to work your way to your rep max how can you fail if you do that? I just started HST monday I'm doing 1 week in the 15's 1 week in the 12's and so on I was kinda skeptical on such low sets but its pretty intense