Best exercise to lengthen quads?

mircle

Awards
Greetings, I have really skinny legs (I'm skinny) and as much as I want to hit my chest and arms I really want to get my legs growing stronger. Is there a certain exercise or exercises to lengthen my quads? My legs are much thinner obviously at the knee and I wonder if my upper thighs are going to grow since that seems to be the only place with muscle mass. Just thought I'd ask because I will definitely focus more on those if I can.
Thanks

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Deadlifts, Squats, lunges, curls, and extentions. These are some great exercises and will get your legs big.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Stick w/ heavy compounds. Front Squats, Squats, Hack Squats, Leg Press. Leg extensions are just knee wreckers.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lengthen your quads? i dont get it, you cant lengthen them...:think: you can get them bigger which will make them look fuller if that is what you mean. Keep working them.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
lengthen your quads? i dont get it, you cant lengthen them...:think: you can get them bigger which will make them look fuller if that is what you mean. Keep working them.
Yep, it's all genetics.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Stick w/ heavy compounds. Front Squats, Squats, Hack Squats, Leg Press. Leg extensions are just knee wreckers.
These are all great exercises. I dunno about leg extensions though, I think they can be beneficial.

Make sure you're working your hamstrings as well. Stiff-leg deadlifts are nice because you're stretching the hell out of your hamstrings. You get a lot of hamstring work from the big compound lifts, but you still need to give them attention. I like leg curls, stiff-leg deadlifts, lunges, and like I said, you get a lot of work from stuff like squats, leg press, ect..

You can't "lengthen" your muscles. You can stretch them out, but you're just maximizing your natural range of motion. But stretching is VERY important, so make sure to stretch after a leg workout. At least 10 minutes!

gb223

Awards
my quads were always lean but not what anyone would call big, but in the last
three months I have added a full inch to them. This is what I has worked for me.mon ,wens and fri fbw

Mon leg extension two sets 8-10 reps to failure,leg press two sets 10-12 reps to failure seated ham curls 2 sets 10-12 reps also to fail

Wen squats 2 sets 8-10 reps to fail stiff leg dead lifts 2 sets 8-10 to fail
calf raises 2 sets 10-15 reps to fail.

fri same as monday just no to failure, and fill in the rest of my workout with various upper body exercises for a total of 8 to 10 exercises 2 sets each to
failure mon and wen and not to failure on friday.